Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can any body explain why all the technical stuff on our car says it has a 8valve engine but under the bonnet it says quite clearly crdi 16v has our engine been changed im new on here and want to know why. I am worried it may affect our insurance. Its a 2004 54 model LX.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Just had a wee look and the 2.0 diesel upto 2006 had an8 valve engine but from 2006 they changed it to a 16 valve engine. Power on the 8 valve was 112bhp and the 16valve is 138bhp.

Though there might have been both engines out at the same time. Mr Viking should verify this.
If Its a 16valve engine you've got and you have it insured for a 8valve then am telling
your insurance could be void if you claimed or 3rd party claimed you. Insurance companies are always lookin for a way out.

The 8valve engine is insurance group 8 and the later 16valver is group 10
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
887 Posts
The 2.0 crdi has always been a 16v engine, single cam with rockers to 16 valves, the power difference came in with a change from wastegate turbo, to vgt turbo.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I stand corrected Murphwiz. I got the info from a Parkers web site and it said the the early ones were 8valve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys
hope fully nothing to worry about then. Good here isnt it ask a question get an answer.
Not like my old man some times i think i have to work him with my foot lmao

1 - 5 of 5 Posts