Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
I don't think they will.
You only have to look at the outcry over gas & electric prices to see that the public would not stand for anything like the 14% mortgage rates. Had only just bought our 1st house a couple of years before they shot up...
These days far to many people could not stand that sort of increase. Despite banks having to run affordability checks the FCA imposed, but are now trying to talk down & remove... In many cases people have PCP or lease car using up any spare cash. So they are far too strapped to pay any increase.
So I would see any government letting them get that high face a massive public backlash.

Fun times ahead for many people who have stretched themselves to far for too long. Just because they can have a new car every 3 years, just to show off. Rather than build up a nice rainy day fund.

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
1. Sunday lunch
Those families who still sit down to eat a traditional roast dinner together are having to be a little more imaginative if they are trying to keep the costs down.

Yep eat it on another day. Which means it's cheaper 🤣

2. Skincare products

When your old & wrinkly it's too late. But nothing will stop time, so save money and do not bother with skincare products.. You are what you are.

3. Furniture

Pretty much all ours is over 5 years old & still going strong. I bet most people throw away good stuff & buy new just for the hell or it.
Only planned purchase is new room carpets (20+ years old) and in house when we moved in. But as we had just got two pups. Pointless renewing at that point. Got the stains to prove that point 🤣

4. Used cars

Well we all know why as dealer had a shortage of new cars. So were paying silly prices for 2nd hand. Many people made money selling their cars for more than they paid for them.
Garage I bought mine from jan last year offered me £2K more than I paid for it.... 🤪

1 - 2 of 2 Posts