Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sportage 2019 indicator sound is very fast - all bulbs work fine, does anyone know how to get the normal sound back? Thanks

·
Registered
850 Posts
There is no driver setting for the speed of the sound. If there is no bulb issues I'm not sure why it would have got quicker, in most modern cars the various sounds are generated by the media system.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you fitted LED bulbs?
I was going to ask the same thing. The indicators speed up when the detect a failed bulb, ie zero current flowing. LEDs draw so little power that the system sees it as failed, and speeds up the flashing to alert the driver to the fault.

·
Registered
850 Posts
That's what I like about this forum, you learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
This is a classic and deliberate behaviour where there is a blown bulb or someone has fitted the wrong type of LED replacement. Because the OP claimed that all the bulbs were working I dismissed the idea - AFAIK when the fast ticking occurs there are also fast indicator flashes but not sure if this is necessarily the case..

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you fit LED bulbs then they will "work" but return the wrong resistance so the BCM or whatever it is that controls the electrics thinks a bulb is blown and does the rapid click thing to alert the driver.
It would be really helpful about now if the OP actually answered this question???

·
Registered
430 Posts
Must admit one post wonders are a pet hate or ”time waster” as I prefer to think of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts