Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a week away in Wales I charged using my Kia provided "Granny Lead" at the resort. The available range for my model (registered June 2020) should be 283 miles when fully charged. To my surprise when I disconnected after an overnight charge it showed 100% and 308 miles! I normally charge at home using a slow charger and have only ever used a 7kW charger at Tesco so far, but since my return the car steadfastly indicates a range of 308 miles for a full charge. It has been evident that there is some inaccuracy or limited resolution in the measuring device but an increase like this seems surprising unless the capacity of the battery needs "synchronizing" in some way or has actually increased with age. Has any one else found this?

Martin

Super Moderator
The range displayed by the GOM (Guess O Meter) is based on historic usage. So will go up & down depending on your usage.
Using heating/A/C etc will see the range decrease.
Cold weather & wet roads reduce range on a EV. Winter range compared to summer will be different.

If you ever get 283 miles range it will be a fluke & nothing more.

EV's are just the same as ICE in terms of range in many ways. A lot depends on driver style & actual car usage. (y) Only it is far less noticeable in a ICE, as who actually looks at miles left. Where in a EV it is a must check.

Registered
Soul EV Maxx
If you run the trip meter you will see miles per kwat. Anything above 4.3 will give you a range greater than 280 miles, and I beg to differ but it's far from impossible to achieve. Mine does it regularly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts