Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm new here, though I have participated in Renault and VW forums.

I've just bought an 08 plate Sedona GS 2.9d 45,000 miles at auction (I was after a Galaxy but the Sedona was half the price). I thought it might still be under warranty but alas is just over 3 years old. Spoke to local dealer about extending waranty, they wanted £199 for a service/healthcheck and then £650 for a years warranty!! that sounds like they expect it to break down to me.

Any tips for minimising any future problems.

Got a flashing glow plug light, but looking at various forums that is likely to be a loose wire.

Slight suspension knock/clonk on the offside somewhere, any common faults?

Any other common faults to watch out for ?

Tyres need replacing soon 225/70 16 anyone found any bargains?

Keith

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Warranty Direct want £37/mnth or £370/yr which includes just about anything except service/consumable items. Are people here typically spending more than £370 a year similar cars?

Keith

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Keith I had Warranty Direct on my Clio and they are good to deal with. £250 a year and it cover nearly everything. I had a claim for Head gasket, then a claim for an Injector and they paid out very quickly. Excess I think was £25. But you must have it serviced at a VAT reg garage or they wont cover you.
So I would go for that warranty.

Davy

·
Registered
235 Posts
We cant get extended warranties in Ireland as i tried everywhere after our ran out...I have no probs with our 2006 model, i valet a Diesel tune cars, and i can tell you twice the car over the Galaxy...the road tax on Galaxy only good thing.

I have a little knocking from front, guys here tell me ita Subframe bushings !,Its going in on monday for service and check this so will let you know...i think they are great bus with plenty of width.

Taff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys yes you were right, drop links are being fitted at the momentalong with 2 front tyres.
The owners manual that came with the car seems to be for the older shape Sedona, how does the rear temp thing with the line of LEDs work? does it offset the front and rear temperatures? And there's a DAB button on the stereo?

Keith

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dab button should display the name of the song there playing , ie radio one live lounge etc
Great for finding song names :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All done and clonking gone
2 suspension arms (genuine KIA via Europarts)£96, labour £30 +VAT = £151.20

2 Kumho Solustyres £196.80 (thought they were£83 each but forgot the VAT doh!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts