Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just figured out how to import addresses into my 2020 E-Niro ( with a bit of trial and error so hope that this will be of benefit to other folk.

To import destinations into the address book for use in Navigation the file is a basic XML file.
This can be created in Excel (later versions than mine) or more easily in Notepad. The format is as below.
This format will be familiar to anyone that has created HTML web pages as it has opening a closing tags.
I tried importing from a file with a name of my choosing but this was not picked up by the KIA system.
Solution just name your file as the version that exports from Navigation, there are two files, both with the same content.
Not sure which it uses or if in fact it requires both, but just create two files and name them as
"Hl_Address_Book.kml" and "HKMC_Address_Book.kml" place them in the root directory of your USB stick and the system will pick it up and import your data.

The format of the files are as below. Just be aware that the coordinates are reversed from information obtained from Google, I ended up in the Indian Ocean! Just switch latitude and longitude around.

An example file with two entries

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<kml>
<Folder>
<Placemark>
<name>The Bell Driffield</name>
<Point>
<coordinates>-0.440089,54.005819</coordinates>
</Point>
</Placemark>
<Placemark>
<name>Another Place</name>