Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
need help and advice. The Immo Light stays on permantanley and I am unable to start my engine, I have tried both keys and neither can start the car, in the manual it does suggest that you can input a 4 figure pass code to deactivate the immo, but how do I find out the pass code, I have tried to spk to kia york and kia leeds and both were unable to offer sound advice on finding the pass code. My Kia Sedona is a 51 plate 2.9crdi and I am getting a tad frustrated. Hope someone can help

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Could be the immobiliser antenna thats broke and cant pick the chip up on the keys. If you know someone with a code reader get them to plug it in and get the fault code. That way it will give you a more definate answer.

·
Registered
662 Posts
there is no pass code as you say that was only on the very early modes and was enterd via the HRW switch usual issue is with the immo antenna thay sits around the ignition barrel get the dealer to try and recode the keys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all, well just bought new antenna coil and that has not resolved the issue, the immo light stays on permanent and the engine will not start, it kicks over but that is as far as it goes. The antenna coil cost £36.65 from kia brand new and that was with 10% discount. Any other ideas please would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spoke to a gentleman on the forums called sedonagary, he thinks it could actually be the injectors as the other issue I had was that the engine warning light also came on and i would loose power then it recovered immediatley. So that is another avenue am looking at also, can't do anything about the keys till tuesday when the bloke is back to work at my local kia dealership.

·
Registered
662 Posts
OK you didn't say you had other lights on as well yes its probably low fuel pressure you need to get the codes read and pressures recorded

·
Registered
399 Posts
Anyone posting HELP messages on this Forum can aid members answers by describing all faults leading up to the recent activity, otherwise, like Viking Paul posted, otherwise incorrect remedies will be posted for the actual fault!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts