Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would appreciate any advice on removing/refitting the coil/antenna module on my Ceed CRDI, 58 plate.
After many years of reliable service, the car suddenly cut out and now simply refuses to start, having previously started on the first turn of the engine.
I live 80 miles from nearest dealership and local garage was unable to rectify the issue, lacking the necessary diagnostic equipment.
It has been suggested that a possible cause might be the coil/antenna assembly and since the cost of having the car uplifted and transported to the dealership would be prohibitive, I am happy to try replacing the coil/antenna unit, even if it's a bit of a shot in the dark!
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Robby 29

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Would appreciate any advice on removing/refitting the coil/antenna module on my Ceed CRDI, 58 plate.
After many years of reliable service, the car suddenly cut out and now simply refuses to start, having previously started on the first turn of the engine.
I live 80 miles from nearest dealership and local garage was unable to rectify the issue, lacking the necessary diagnostic equipment.
It has been suggested that a possible cause might be the coil/antenna assembly and since the cost of having the car uplifted and transported to the dealership would be prohibitive, I am happy to try replacing the coil/antenna unit, even if it's a bit of a shot in the dark!
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Robby 29
As a preliminary step (assuming it's not been verified as having failed yet?) I'd recommend cleaning the terminals for the coil/antenna module.

You'd need to remove the steering column shroud to gain access to the wiring and the coil.

I had to do this on two cars with the same system, my current KIA Ceed and the previous Hyunidai i20.

Fortunately, cleaning the terminals/connectors resolved the immobiliser issues in both cases.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts