Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 reg sorento diesel which has recently started to cut out ,the immobiliser comes on under hard acceleration which can be rather scary when overtaking as i discovered. It runs ok on light throttle but if you floor it everything dies.has any one got any ideas .No manuals seem to be available but a mechanic friend suggested disconnecting the battery for about 15 mins to see if the ecu reset itself.

I welcome any comments ,its been a good motor otherwise.

BOB A JOB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are only two other things I can mention above what your friend saidand they are:

Check around the throttle pedal area for any wiring that might have fallen down and might betouching the pedal mechanism when you but the "pedal to the metal".

The only other thing is to get the car to a dealers and get it looked at asap. This is a real safety issue as I'm sure you're aware.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It's not the immobiliser.
It cannot cut in with the engine running.
I'd lay a good wedge on the line to say you've not had a fuel filter replaced for a while, or a billy no name filter.
Change your filter and your problem will disappear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I CAN ASSURE YOU THE IMMOBILISER DOES COME ON WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING ,THE DASH WARNING LIGHT COMES ON AND THE ENGINE DIES.THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT GOING IS TO REMOVE THE KEY AND LOCK AND UNLOCK THE CAR.THE DEALER TELLS ME THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A FAULT AND WHEN I TOOK IT TO THEM THE LIGHT WAS OUT SO NO RESULT THERE.I HAD THE FUEL FILTER CHANGED AT THE LAST SERVICE 47,000 MILES.

BOB A JOB.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Get the codes read, p1188 is fuel filter fault.
Locking and unlocking is a seperate system to the immobiliser system, immobiliser is controlled by chip in the key, once the ecm is unlocked by chip at start phase, then it doesn't come back in until engine off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a random thought at what temperature does diesel start to freeze as we had minus 16 degrees at its coldest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts