1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I vacuumed up the glass from the boot
this evening, it occurred to me that the alarm hadn't gone off when some
gobsh*te's hockey ball went through the tailgate window

I remember seeing Immobiliser and Alarm in the specifications document that I downloaded from the Kia website. I still have this downloaded PDF. I also have the next version of this PDF downloaded, where the Immobiliser & Alarm have been deleted.Can anyone please confirm when exactly these were removed from the specifications for Ireland?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I brought this up with my dealer. He said the alarm operates only on the doors. Apparently there is no interior pressuresensoror motion detector. So as in my case, this means any of the windows can be smashed without the alarm being activated.

Is anyone able to confirm this or is he talking through his rear end?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John.Are you in the UK and what is the model please?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Mine is a UK model and last week I had left the car in the car park with one window open.
Now because it was windy that day the alarm kept going off every 10 minutes.
I reset it from my office window by re-locking the car and leaving it unlocked but it still kept activating! So ended up closing the window.
I mentioned this to my dealer and he said did you try deactivating the alarm with the button?
DOH moment... I didn't know it had a button.
Baz does your have the button as this would be the tell tale.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks John...

Ian,

I may be having a Homer moment myself. Here's an image of my key. Would you mind taking a look to see if it's different from yours please? There are no buttons on the back or side. Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think the button is down by your right knee, near the 4wd lock. It turns off the internal sensors

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am in Ireland and have the 1.7D EX, think this is the same-ish as UK 2?

As far as I can see there is no internal sensors and no alarm button

·
Registered
140 Posts
<TABLE =tableBorder style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center>
<T>
<TR =msgableSide>
<TD>How to Stop Alarm Going When Dog is Inside
Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 9:36am </TD></TR>
<TR =msgableRow>
<TD =msgLineDevider style="BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px" vAlign=top height=84>
<DIV =msg style=": left; OVERFLOW: auto">It is the Sportage sector - but not all models are the same.You have an alarm release button on th right hand lower side of the dash. When activated it gives you fifteen seconds to lock the car with no inside motion sensor. Take longer than fifteen seconds and it defaults to the sensor being operational.
</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
153 Posts
My manual says "advanced theft-alarm system (for UK only, if equipped)" It works the deadlocking and alarm with one press of the key button.

Only in the UK section of the manual is there a bit about the Intrusion/Tilt sensor and its on/off switch - located in the group next to the headlamp level adjuster and near the 4wd lock, downhill brake control button and ESP off button

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi Baz,
the key is identical.

How do you upload a picture?

I wanted to put a picture of the buttons on from my camera.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for your replies,

I don't have any button there. There is a blank panel there for a button though. I presume that's where it would go. My dealer said to disconnect the battery and open one of the doors to check if the alarm is installed. Obviously, I should have asked him to check the documentation for the car and tell me there and then whether there is an alarm or not. Another Homer moment!Is there an easier way to check myself if there is an alarm installed or not?

Ian,

The only way I could get an image up was to register was with someone like photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com). It's free and easy to set up. Once registered with them, you can upload your photos onto their server. Then, when you're posting here, you just insert the hyperlinks to whatever photographs you want to include from photobucket i.e. Click on [Insert Hyperlink] and paste in the URL of the required photos e.g.http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/Baz53/.

Edited by: Baz53

·
Registered
140 Posts
How do you upload a picture?

I wanted to put a picture of the buttons on from my camera.

Go to the QUICK REPLY section. Click on the SEVENTH icon which will enable the FULL REPLY EDITOR.

Click on the SEVENTH icon on the top line which will take you into IMAGE PROPERTIES.

On the right hand side paste the URL of your chosen image (http://www. ETC) in the box alongside IMAGE URL

You must upload your image to a photo web site or your own web site first.

Test Image :-

·
Registered
60 Posts
Baz53 said:
Thanks all for your replies,

I don't have any button there. There is a blank panel there for a button though. I presume that's where it would go. My dealer said to disconnect the battery and open one of the doors to check if the alarm is installed. Obviously, I should have asked him to check the documentation for the car and tell me there and then whether there is an alarm or not. Another Homer moment!Is there an easier way to check myself if there is an alarm installed or not?

Ian,
Sit in the car and lock the doors with key fob. Move around to check for sensor, then open door from inside?
Edited by: Antrim_Man

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Antrim_Man

I already tried that. The alarm doesn't go off. Possibly because it's being opened from the inside?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for mailing me the image Ian.

For anyone else who's interested, here's Ian's buttons...

and here's my buttons

Mine are ESC on/off, Downhill Descent, Intelligent Stop/Go on/off and dashboard illumination level.

I'm just going to ring the dealer and ask him for a document detailing the specifications of the car. That'll take the mystery out of it.

Edited by: Baz53

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
8 months later, my dealer finally confirmed today that there is no alarm fitted to the car.

I have the specifications document downloaded from when I ordered the car showing Immobiliser & Alarm as standard. These were subsequently removed from the specifications document.
<br ="Apple-interchange-newline">

False advertising?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts