Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
We have one Key for our Rio Kia 2004, so I made a cheap key in case we left the other one inside, ( which happened already) just to be safe and be able to open the door again.

Just being curious, I tried the new key to see if I can start the car with it, I had no knowledge about IMMO and how it works, so the IMMO kicked in and can't' wouldn't start! Back to the original key and the car start normally.

The next day morning I found the car battery almost drained out, and the IMMO noise was kicking in the background, ticking noise, same noise when I tried to start the car with the cheap key.

I took to battery out and it is sitting right near me getting charged! But I have no idea what to do next.

Do I need to reset the IMMO on my car? Or something else I need to do ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the battery is a bit old, so after 3 hours of charging... i put it back and the car started no problem but then when i turned the car off, the TNS relay start making clicking noise and drained the battery again.

do i need new battery or is there anything i am doing wrong here?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
noublue, notice that the OP has posted exact;y 2 posts, the last of which was in 2013. I think he has probably sorted the problem by now and rudely just dropped the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts