Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Also agree. Miss mine. Cracking motor. Creaking roof eventually got to me. But, if it had been silent, I’d probably still be driving it.

However, there is life after Stinger! The 530e is great and I’m averaging 60mpg when taking electric and petrol power into account overall. The interior and iDrive system are high quality too.

But the Stinger was so much better than the majority of motoring enthusiasts will ever know.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A little postscript, when I had my GTS the amount of people who stopped and chatted about the car was unreal. The last one made my day, a mum and her 10 year old son pulled up at my house and she asked if her son could look at his dream car? I gave him the grand tour treatment and let him sit in. Off he went, both very grateful. Onto my Cupra Formentor, can you guess how many people have commented……………..none!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Agreed about how many people stop and chat about the Stinger (It's just that sort of car, everybody seems to love the looks) - However I must admit I do get quite a bit of attention in the Ioniq 5, it's also a very distinct car (I suppose it's a Marmite type car) I love the Retro / Futuristic look of the car some people don't. So far mine has cost less than £9 to run for over a month (Only because I wanted to go to the Gridserve Electric Forecourt to have a look, & then Charge) without that the car would have cost nothing to run due to free charging at the supermarket when I do my Shopping.

Gridserve Braintree Electric Forecourt - 36 Charging Points, shops, Toilets, Conference Rooms, Relaxing areas, free wifi etc
Sky Plant Tree Window Urban design

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
As you know, I sold my Stinger solely due to the poor service I had received from my local dealer in recent times. A few weeks ago, I completed the Kia satisfaction survey after my last service, and as you can imagine, I didn't give them any 10's !!
I've since received an email from my dealer:
Dear Mr Toon

Thank you for your frank and honest feedback from you sent to Kia, I am disappointed to hear these comments and sorry you have felt necessary to make them as customer service has always been my and Allington’s first consideration, and one we have taken great pride in building the business up from nothing since taking on Kia in 2013.
With time comes change and not all for the good, after increasing the staff nearly 4 fold in such a short period of time has its draw back not all the new staff have come from a dealer background not so committed to customer satisfaction as ourselves, with the last 18 months which has also been challenging and still lingering causing staff and part shortages.
Getting the new staff to understand and adopt the Allington’s method and values has proved to be a slow process but something we are working on every day to get it right and our customer satisfaction back to the level our existing and new customers expect of us.

·
Registered
856 Posts
That's a very honest reply from the dealer. My expectation would have been that they would have either not replied, or just sent a formulaic letter saying that they are sorry and will take your comments into consideration.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts