Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's with a very heavy heart, I've decided to move on from my Stinger. I've had some fabulous cars in my time, but nothing like the Stinger. Unlike some of you, mine has been totally problem free, and the only rattles have been my elderly bones !!
My problem is with my dealer. It's a local family run business, but they have recently expanded to include Citroen, Vauxhall and Peugeot. I was concerned this might lose the 'Family' part of the company, and it has !
2 services ago, I had to return, as they didn't have a seal for the sump plug. My last service, I had to return as they didn't have the spark plugs !!
For the spark plug return, it took 1 hr 45 mins !! The front desk staff were making themselves drinks, but never offered me one.
I went for a walk around the Kia showroom and the price boards were on the wrong cars..£41k for a Stonic !!
I think you are getting the idea :-(
I know I could use a different dealer, but I'm so disappointed, it's time to leave.
I'm taking a total change, and as I'm cracking on a bit, and don't do much mileage, I collect a 21 reg Toyota CHR 2.0 hybrid in a couple of weeks :)
I've loved this forum, and all you nice folks, so I'll certainly be hanging around to see what's going on :)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Sorry to hear about what's happening with your dealer, Like you the 2 Stingers I had were problem and Creak free and up to the point of getting my Full Electric car, they were the best cars I have had.

Looks like the Stingers days may be numbered on this forum which is a shame.

Good luck with the new car, let us know how you get on with the new car, post some pics etc

Cheers

Phil

Reactions: toonmal

·
Registered
802 Posts
Good luck we all have to move on, i will hopefully be going EV soon as well :)

·
Administrator
7,650 Posts
Whereas it is a real shame to lose you as an outstanding contributor and member of this Forum, it is good to read that you will be 'hanging about' here as your experience with your Kia could help other members.

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is. It used to be so good, efficient and friendly.
I've only been there once so far, but I already know what you mean about the front desk staff! They really don't seem to care about their customers at all.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You will love the Toyota. I have the Corolla hatchback. Same 2 litre engine. it is very quick in sport mode. I am getting 58 to the gallon on a mix of journeys. Superb car.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Funny what you say. I bought a Piccanto at a local dealer which was a two brother business. Great car and a bargain. Had t serviced there every year. Only warranty a brake light switch done next s=day. BUT in year 8 they sold out to become a nasty glass palace in nearby town. Ugh. Service dear but new ABS sensor rear NS £450!. Someone has to pay to clean that glass. So next year another warning light ABS and I do it myself for almost a tenth of that change. Still use the car and service it myself. Kia were a bargain but now they are the same as all the others. Very wise going for a Toyota.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is. It used to be so good, efficient and friendly.
Pycombe not that far away from them. I'm about equidistance between the two, when researching/looking to buy I spoke to both, Pycombe seemed more engaging and helpful so chose them. No problem when I took mine in to check/update infotainment software.
Service there next month, so will see how good that goes.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dealers are so important to the overall experience of a car. Taking my car in actually makes me anxious which just shows you - it's not enough to make me part with the car, but still a negative experience. For me, the main worry is damage to the car, but I have had my fair share of service related issues.

I'll probably go EV next year (thinking Model 3) and from what I read, they need brake fluid every couple of years and that's it - could get that done at my local indi (potentially). Not having to go to a dealer really appeals!

Good luck with the new car toonmal

·
Registered
268 Posts
The local dealer to me used to be great and had a brilliant reputation, but on 2 consecutive services they scratched both the cars, the second one scratched from front to back and the door on the other side, had to fully respray the car to rectify, but they do multiple brands, Kia, Pug, Renault, Fiat you get what i mean.

I now travel twice the distance to a dealership that only does Kia at this site and the service is awesome, it says something that bigger is not always better

·
Registered
856 Posts
I also travel much further than I need to. It's frustrating. I get better service at the new dealer, but it's not brilliant. They took a chunk out of my tyre (luckily no alloy damage), and it's taken them multiple visits to sort out minor issues - yes, it's connected to the Supply chain issues, but they ignored my requests several times to order in certain parts in advance to my visit, only to order when the car was actually with them. The days of same day parts deliveries are over, which simply means I have to re-visit them which is very inconvenient.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's with a very heavy heart, I've decided to move on from my Stinger. I've had some fabulous cars in my time, but nothing like the Stinger. Unlike some of you, mine has been totally problem free, and the only rattles have been my elderly bones !!
My problem is with my dealer. It's a local family run business, but they have recently expanded to include Citroen, Vauxhall and Peugeot. I was concerned this might lose the 'Family' part of the company, and it has !
2 services ago, I had to return, as they didn't have a seal for the sump plug. My last service, I had to return as they didn't have the spark plugs !!
For the spark plug return, it took 1 hr 45 mins !! The front desk staff were making themselves drinks, but never offered me one.
I went for a walk around the Kia showroom and the price boards were on the wrong cars..£41k for a Stonic !!
I think you are getting the idea :-(
I know I could use a different dealer, but I'm so disappointed, it's time to leave.
I'm taking a total change, and as I'm cracking on a bit, and don't do much mileage, I collect a 21 reg Toyota CHR 2.0 hybrid in a couple of weeks :)
I've loved this forum, and all you nice folks, so I'll certainly be hanging around to see what's going on :)
Pity you have decided to make a change due to a wanker of a dealer that you have been dealing with.
I would have found a local garage that services luxury cars and dealt with them.
Fortunately for my wife and I, we have a qualified local mechanic servicing luxury cars so our cars get serviced there.
Most of the folks in our area have luxury cars so the mechanic is doing very well.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
And then there were three............

Although another Forum member has said goodbye to his Stinger - the common thread that no one can deny generally is that Stinger Owners consistently state that the car Is / was the "Best Car I've Ever Owned" and it's mainly (but not always) down to changes of circumstances that bring about saying goodbye to the car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I totally agree, the Stinger was far and away the best car I have ever had, and ever likely to get. The dealer problem was my only reason for leaving. Shame :cry:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts