Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm not a Kia owner but my daughter is, and i do all the work on all our cars. Normally i would have a haynes book. She just got the Sportage and it was stolen within a months time. We found the car trashed and i put it back together. NOW Wenever found the Keys and i took the barrel out of the ignition had it rekeyed and now it wont go all the way in. My question is, IS there a security reason i cant get it back in, or am i missing something?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
The normal way of getting keys is to produce your v5 and go to a Kia dealer .They then get a correct key supplied by Kia who have all details on the data base.It is then a case of getting the key programmed into the vehicle.No need to remove barrel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To late for that. The key has been made by a rather respected lock smith in this area. what i need to know is, will it just go back in

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
If your talking about the barrel not going into the steering column then are you putting the key in the barrel and then inserting it into the steeering column. I would think this is how its done.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Just to add there is a small plunger you have to press in the actual steering barrel housing the part thats bolted to steering column and you have to insert the barrel with key fitted in the accessory position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is how it came out. I did mention that it was stolen and we never found the keys that were in it. She had it taken from her driveway as it was warming up for work My daughter is afraid they still have them and wanted the new key. she dont care if they get in with the old key, she dont want them to be able to take it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts