Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Carens on 55 plate (which we just bought last week)is installed with a JVC KD-G502 radio and cd changer. Can anybody tell me where I could find an idiot's guide on using the cd changer. Yes, I have read the instructions but am no wiser at the end of it.

We havejust had to content ourselves with the already stored radio programmes.

I understand that this may be a senior thing but I am not in my dotage yet and the instruction book feels like double-dutch to me. This is embarrasing because I am usually the one in the house who canget to grips which the techy stuff.

Sally

·
Registered
887 Posts
Not seen one fitted with a cd changer?

Do you mean the slots next to the audio????????
They are simply cd storage, not a cd changer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
http://www.jvc.co.uk/files/instruction_manual/get0193-011a.pdf

Is it this model?

Page 10 refers to storing stations in the memory. In short: Manual tune to the station of your choice then press & hold the number (from 1-6) of the preset you wish to save that station to.

It's not actually a multi changer although may have a changer attached to it. Page 34 onwards refers to the cd system, does this help or is still too confusing for you? If so please ask the question in a more direct way explaining what you are failing to achieve.

No worries about looking silly, sometimes the most simple things are the hardest to spot!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it is that model. I am afraid I am still not any wiser
I will take a pic of the radio and the slots below and post it here.

Thanks
Sally

·
Registered
887 Posts
As I have already said, if the slots are below the cd player, then it is not a CD Changer, it's simply cd storage.

Does it look a bit like this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
murphwiz said:
As I have already said, if the slots are below the cd player, then it is not a CD Changer, it's simply cd storage.

Does it look a bit like this?
Hi Murphwiz

Thanks for your pic. My radio set up is similar but if these trays are for storage only I don't have a slot in the radio to insert the CD. (Just been out to double check). I have tried to upload a photo I took but I haven't been able to. BTW I can manage to opeerate the radio

Sally

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Could it not be a flip down face on the radio and then you insert your cd into slot. Loads of after market CD/radio players like that.
There will be a button usually on one of the corners of the radio face you press and the face will tilt downwards.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Davy, thanks for your reply. I can see where you are coming from but the radio is a 'face off' type. So would I have to take the face of to have a look. Hubby is out in the car atm but I will check when he comes back.
Sally

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
There will be another button other than the one you would press to take face off. This one allows the face to fold downward then you should see the slot for the CD. If not there maybe a CD changer under the front seats or in the boot area. If you could give me the make and model number of the radio then I could see what it is like.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Davy
We've just been out to the car and done some sleuthing. Lo and behold, up in the rh corner of the radio there's a small button to drop the face down - and what is sitting there behind it, a CD slot

Thanks all for your patience.

Sally

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Heres how to get a users manual for it. Go onto Google search and type in JVC KD-G502 and a list will come up with a download from JVC for that specific CD/radio player in pdf format
Its the top right hand corner button that will flip the face down so you can get CD in.
Let me know if you manged to get a copy.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
476 Posts
Davy: I did that on post no 3 of this topic!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yip Supacabby I did see that but it doesn't seem to download on my computer. So I guided them through the Google route. Salgor seems to have got it sorted now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts