Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another issue on my new First edition - the ice/frost condition warning lamp did not come on this morning. Is this simply a fuse has blown due to the recent cold snap it has been flashing and beeping quite frequently?

The trip computer still gave an outside temperature reading of -4.5 so this seemed to still be working.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my apologies on this post. I have just returned home from work and checked the manual. it says this light warns between -5 and + 4. I was possibly at -5.5 this morning and hence was out of this range.

D.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Deelambola, I live out in the country here near Belfast and my temp reading this am at 7 was -6 and the yellow warning light didn't appear or bleep until I went above -5, strange that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was also suprised about Icy conditions light and alarm not working with temps under -4. Someone told me that when it is that cold you should know it is icy without yellow light on your dash. Which makes sense. What doesn't make sense is light and alarm going on when temperature goes from -4.5 to -4C while driving. And with temperature around -5 few days ago that happened like 4 times on a 10km trip. Very anoying.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I reached -10 on the way home from work tonight! Must admit I didn't need a warning light to remind me either...lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Guys,
If it's really cold set the trip computer to give you a running readout of outside temperature.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have now had my Sportage for a month and have not yet seen the ice warning light go out.I know it has been very cold but the temp in my garage this morning was+4.5 and the light still illuminated even the demonstrator i tried had the light on.You should not need a light to tell you it may be icy but a light that never seems to go off you dont notice anyway.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi john123,
Are you sure you are looking at the warning light or at the continuous readout when the trip is set to outside temperature mode.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have found that it is very selective as to when it goes out!! Freezing in my mind is below zero so I would have thought that @+4 it should be OFF not on. Sometimes its on at +5, sometimes not.

What this temperatue issue also controls is ISG as that wont work until the freezer light is off and if its not going off til +5 thats too high

·
Registered
290 Posts
Had my Sportage 6 weeks now and for the first time today the icy road warning has gone out as the day has been much milder.I hope the bulb has,nt blown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts