Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage GT-Line S AWD Fusion White Diesel Auto
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sportage GT-Line S in while and I must say it's the best car I've had in my 52 years of driving that's as it should be, cars develop and improve.

I have been looking for videos of the new 2022 Sportage for ages and have just found one other than the military green available for a few weeks.

I usually don't get a new car the same colour as the last, possibly due to snobbery as I want the neighbours to know I have a new car :)

I have just found a You Tube video of a white Sportage GT Line and I'm in love and will break the habit of a lifetime and if Motability have this car on the list when I need to order me next car in July 2023 it's mine.

Check out the Video if you haven't seen it at :-

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,142 Posts
I am still undecided, I need to see it in the metal, but I do think the white looks better than the matt green colour.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Had a long test drive in a series 3 new plug in hybrid SPORTAGE yesterday just for the fun of it and if the new Sporty comes even close to the ride, comfort and performance like Yettoner my name goes on the list of orders. And yes I love my GTLineS. (y)

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's a shame it doesn't look as good as the US version. There are some nice details but the back end is where it's let down. Oh for the US version!

US
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Europe
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can't understand why we are getting a shortened version of the Sportage in Europe. Do we not carry as much stuff in the boot as Americans. Are our passengers shorter in the leg?

By giving Europe the full size Sportage it allows people to go for a smaller but still spacious SUV instead of a larger and not much more spacious SUV. For example, I have a 2021 Sorento (for its 7 seats and spacious interior). If I didn't need 7 seats then the US Sportage would be my preference because it will offer almost all the interior space I want/need without being quite so big and heavy as the Sorento.

I doubt I would go for the European version as it won't have a large enough boot or rear leg space. It is the same error that they made with the Sedona. Give the US the proper fold seats into the floor, enough space for people and luggage and give Europe the too short and non-folding rear seats. (folding into the floor that is). All IMHO of course!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I like it a lot!

From the first pictures I saw I thought the Hyundai had the better dashboard/electronics but that looks very cool.

Mine will be four next July, I think I can get a good deal trading it in with 3 years warranty and 2 years MoT remaining... 🤔

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Agree with the comments regarding the shorter wheelbase for Europe?
Why - and the difference is just 14.5 cm in length, but requires a LOT more changes.
Surely one global version on the new global platform saves on tooling costs.
It must also be easier to supply the "Korean" RHD version for the UK and Australasia and a LHD "US" version Europe etc, so just two sets of tooling, rather than a short LHD and RHD and long LHD and RHD versions ....

Reactions: Indalo

·
Registered
99 Posts
Agree. 14.5cm isn't much. It's not even the size difference that bothers me, it's that the back ends are completely different and European version looks terrible in comparison.

When I saw the first press shots I really like the new Sportage and was planning to get one. When I realised we'd get a different one and saw the press shots, I thought, what the hell have Kia done to it to make in look much worse....

·
Registered
106 Posts
I prefer the shorter one

·
Registered
277 Posts
To be honest there wasn't much on there of any use anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
It is there at the start of the list, although the page doesn't have much information. Probably won't see any until the new year now.
Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
You're correct, now where did that come from. :unsure: :eek:
I think they have moved it up the list, I am sure it was down next to the current model when I last looked. :geek:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
It's just another mid-sized SUV in the endless stream of jacked-up, look-alike, private cars that have been all the rage this last decade. I really can't enthuse about them at all and mourn the resultant loss of so many big saloons and estate cars.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Perhaps you're too young to understand but 'private car' is an old description of a motor car, as in privately owned and designated so as to distinguish it from the many varied forms of business and trade vehicles, light and heavy goods vehicles, buses, taxis and so on. In short, the kind of vehicle that most of us own and drive for our personal/family use.

It's an old term but I'm old.:(

Private car

Private car may refer to:
  • A class of small motor vehicle (e.g. for car registration, driving licence)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Perhaps you're too young to understand but 'private car' is an old description of a motor car, as in privately owned and designated so as to distinguish it from the many varied forms of business and trade vehicles, light and heavy goods vehicles, buses, taxis and so on. In short, the kind of vehicle that most of us own and drive for our personal/family use.

It's an old term but I'm old.:(

Private car

Private car may refer to:
  • A class of small motor vehicle (e.g. for car registration, driving licence)

I knew what a private car referred to in terms of belonging to an individual, I was more questioning what the relevance was to the idea of suvs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts