Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m trying to get my Kia Sportage 2016 registered into Spanish plates, my problem is, they need the plate/sticker which shows all the weights and I can’t find it anywhere, I’ve given them the sticker details from the driver door post which has I do about the tyres and also the vin number but can’t find the one which has all the weights etc on it. I’ve even looked under the bonnet but nothing I’m so confused any help would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,435 Posts
Hi I’m trying to get my Kia Sportage 2016 registered into Spanish plates, my problem is, they need the plate/sticker which shows all the weights and I can’t find it anywhere, I’ve given them the sticker details from the driver door post which has I do about the tyres and also the vin number but can’t find the one which has all the weights etc on it. I’ve even looked under the bonnet but nothing I’m so confused any help would be appreciated thank you
This is for a UK car, but I imagine it is the same for your.
My weights label is between the front and rear passenger doors, at the bottom of the central door post. I've included an image of mine to assist you. I've blanked out my VIN

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yeah, I had a similar difficulty tracing this plate as it sits between the two door openings, therefore unless you know or have both doors open, it's not easy to find!!

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
For the record the weights listed are, from top to bottom:-
Permissible Gross Vehicle Weight
Permissible Gross Train Weight
Maximum front axle load
Maximum rear axle load

·
Registered
5,229 Posts

It appears that ohters have located the info you need but I was interested in what else you need to do to register in Spain? We have seen posters on here who have been told that they need the equivalent of an MoT performed in their host couontry, and that they have been required to replace the headlights at great expense. What is your experience on this?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
There's often quite a complex system requiring all sorts of checks, so a useful website such as Brits in Spain often sets out precisely what is needed, changing headlight assemblies in some cases, as well as emissions etc.
Spanish motoring advice is often on N332 website which i believe is linked to the Spanish Traffic police, so another useful website. It's in English, as well.
If you're registering onto Spanish plates, then presumably it's to live out there, and no doubt you have a lawyer for your accommodation, perhaps check with them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is for a UK car, but I imagine it is the same for your.
My weights label is between the front and rear passenger doors, at the bottom of the central door post. I've included an image of mine to assist you. I've blanked out my VIN
View attachment 9574
Thank you I’ll go take a look, x
Yeah, I had a similar difficulty tracing this plate as it sits between the two door openings, therefore unless you know or have both doors open, it's not easy to find!!
Hi, I’ve now looked everywhere I still can’t find the bloody thing, this is so frustrating, arggggggg x

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Can't you get someone else to help you look?
Often you get "blind" when you've looked so long for something - it took me several goes to realise the panel I was looking for was there, it didn't register that it was what I was searching for! Or call your local Kia dealer Service desk - they should be able to tell you the likely locations, or even drive there so they can find it for you!! :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Can I ask, is this a car built for the UK market?
If it was, how long have you owned it?
Have you had it from new?

·
Registered
292 Posts
It appears that ohters have located the info you need but I was interested in what else you need to do to register in Spain? We have seen posters on here who have been told that they need the equivalent of an MoT performed in their host couontry, and that they have been required to replace the headlights at great expense. What is your experience on this?
Bizarrely, the biggest problem I encountered trying to register my UK car in France was not the bureaucracy but the fact that the Reversing Light and Rear Fog Lamp were on the wrong sides of the car, not easily fixed. Mechanically the car sailed through the 'MOT', headlights were easily, but not cheaply sorted, the only other stumbling block (for me) was getting hold of a Certificate of Conformity in French
as my VIN number was not recognised by the French computer. I gave up in the end and bought a French car, sold mine on an online auction site instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts