Kia Owners Club Forum banner

I have just had some good news... About my next car

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Banzibarn 
#1 ·
Hi All,
As you know I am selling my Stinger and Due to circumstances I am going to an Electric SUV/CUV style vehicle, Just had a Confirmation eMail from Hyundai that I have been allocated 1 of the 3000 Special Edition Ioniq 5 - Project 45 vehicles allocated for Europe, I am really pleased to have got one as the interest was immense for this vehicle, over 9000 attempts to reserve 1 in the 1st hour (Only 3000 available), and 296,000 people registered interest in the first 24hrs or so.

If I didn't get this my fall back was the Ford Mustang Mach-E (which I already had a deposit down for).

Although I will be sad getting rid of the Stinger, at least I will still be with Hyundai / KIA group, Will receive an email within 2 weeks to confirm deposit payment then hopefully delivery by June/July this year

Cheers

Phil

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, I am over the moon about it. If you like what you see with the Kia CV and you can pre-order - will you be applying for one ?

#7 ·
The Ioniq 5 is fully loaded, it's £45k but has additional £5k of extras, AWD, Long Range, Solar Roof, Fully Reclining Front Seats, 20" wheels, Motorised moveable rear seats (forward / backward to increase passenger/boot space all on memory seat buttons) 2 x 12" screens, 44 " augmented reality Heads Up Display, Front Trunk, LED Matrix Pixel Headlights and rear lights, Blind spot video display in instrument cluster like genesis brand, 800 volt infrastructure for 0 to 80% charge in 18 minutes, Wireless charging, Android Auto/Carplay, fully adjustable centre console can slide back out of the way with the seats, large drawer type glove box plus vehicle to load system - 13 amp plug socket on rear seats and adapter for external charging port to enable car to run power tools, fridges, microwaves etc when camping, plus more ...... This is a large car with a 3m wheelbase.

I think I might just move into the car :)

#10 ·
Won't get the final specs for a couple of weeks I think when we put the deposit down, the vehicle should have a 72.6kWh battery pack (larger 77kWh pack for the US I Believe) and about 306hp.
Acceleration 0 - 62 mph in 5.2 sec, Total Torque = 446 lb-ft approx 310 mile range (although lots of things determine the range)

Oh I forgot it has an auto park feature which you can also do from outside the car (key fob has forward and backward buttons) so you could park outside your garage get out, and self park the car in the garage....:ROFLMAO:

Size comparison to the Stinger (Length wise 37cm shorter but wheelbase is 10cm longer than the Stinger)

Ioniq 5
Length 4460 mm
Width 1890 mm
Height 1600 mm
Wheelbase 3000 mm
Weight (EU) 1800 kg

Stinger
Length 4830 mm
Width 1870 mm
Height 1400 mm
Wheelbase 2905 mm
Weight 1780 kg

Cheers

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.