Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after one week on the road and 500 miles, how pissed was I to find not one, but two nice big stone chips on the front of the Soul whilst washing it for the first time, right through the thin crap paint down to undercoat - yes there actually is some undercoat, but sadly very little paint. This is to add to my scratched alloy wheel done 2 days in by a git of a petrol pump kerbstone. Now I can stop worrying about it. Bring on those supermarket trolleys!
In fact when you see people's lives, homes and cars being washed away in Japan, you do have to question what the fek we have to worry about at all. A dose of perspective always makes things seem right again.
Right lets order a multi-pack of white touch up sticks! I'm going for the mottled paint effect.

Edited by: maddog

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Very annoying and very upsetting - but as you say, in the wider scheme of things its nothing that cant be corrected very easily...... unlike Japan. Hope your luck improves as time goes on.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My red one has done 500 miles and so far so good. It gets parked in the farthest reaches of the supermarket car park and over two spaces. I have just come out of a 2010 RAV4 which had gorgeous tidal blue pearl paint and the only chip I noticed was on the leading edge of the O/S wing. I kind of think that most of this modern water based paint is going to be on the delicate side. The trouble with the soul is that so much is exposed on theat wrap down bonnet.
Is it really any worse than anyone elses? I don't know, maybe I'll eat my own words soon! What I can say is that if apply pressure to any of the panels they are considerably firmer than any other marque I can remember incuding that RAV.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the soul is a tough well finished car. But as you say, there is a lot of paint area to chip and the paint is very thin and fragile..... it seems to toughen up with age..... but the damage is done by then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts