Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi urgent appeal for information on probs with hubs. I am about to buy a 2000 sx which I guess has vacum hubs I have not seen the car as it is on ebay a 100 miles away. I have read that they can leak and not work. Are WARN hubs easy to buy and fit or some other make.
Any advise would be great.
Hope win auction and join the party
cheers Gavin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Gavin,Sorry but i can`t help with your question re; hubs since i don`t have enough knowledge to advise .I`ve found forum member blackcloud900 very helpful in the past and thinking he may be able to advise you.Why not post him a message. Good luck, mitsubishi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just registered to answer your post.

I bought a 2000 Sportage (yesterday) fitted with Warn hubs, they cost about $200 with postage, and about £120 to fit according to the previous owner.

Before that he had something replaced on the vacuum system at a cost of over £100 and they still did not work!

I have the invoice for the hubs, if you are interested I can post the details (from the US)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thank you for the offer but I should ok. Collected my 2000 sx today have not tested 4x4. Will order hubs of amazon or poss ebay.
Good luck with your's
cheers Gavin

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi gavin yes fitted the hubs by myself on friday works like a dream very easy to fit detailed instructions took about 20 mins per hub.what i noticed tho is on the new hubs i bought they give me all new fittings but their the exact same as the automatic just must be the hub it`s self i changed the whole thing tho took it on the mountian and it tackled every hill very impressed with them if you need any more info pm me if i can help i`ll try my best

1 - 8 of 8 Posts