Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a basic 3 door 61 plate picanto and was wondering if there was any way i can connect my mobile to the car ie play music from my mobile and have it come through on the car speakers? Is there a kit or something?

·
Registered
62 Posts
sorry cant really help, except get a decent stereo to replace it, because i have the 1.2 i have the phone controls on the steering wheel, so I've wired in a head unit in the glove box and a pair of good rear shelf speakers. as at 60mph and above cant hear the radio at full vol.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not unless you have the Bluetooth stereo, which as far as I know isn't standard on the base picanto. You could upgrade your stereo as said above to support it but I don't think there is the right kit for the new picanto yet I'm afraid. I don't even think the base model even has an aux in jack socket :( sorry!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think what you need is a FM transmitter. You can get them off ebay for a couple of pounds. Just go onto ebay and do a search for FM transmitter.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I agree with mich the only way to connect your phone would be via the fm transmitters you can buy but the only down side Is soundquality and volume loss 15% volume is lost via the receiver :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks got an fm transmitter and u do lose some sound quality but its not bad at all. Wonderful to be able to use Spotify in the car!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts