Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi Level 3
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any guides or YouTube channels that can explain the various sounds/chimes (I presume they are warning or notification sounds) that I hear when driving my Sportage 2020 Level 3 car? I've only had the car for a few days so still getting to grips with all the new technology. All the sounds/chimes happen when I am driving the car, one sound seems to happen (i think) when I go from a 30 MPH road onto a 50 MPH road. No warninjg lights are appearing, so I guess mechnically the car is OK. Just would be nice to understand what is happening and why.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Never experienced a chime without any other indication of the reason. When you are transitioning into a different speed limit, it occurs to me that this is a favourite location for a speedcam - could that be the warning ? (you have to look at the infotainment system not the dash). Try turning the speedcam warnings off.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,406 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any guides or YouTube channels that can explain the various sounds/chimes (I presume they are warning or notification sounds) that I hear when driving my Sportage 2020 Level 3 car? I've only had the car for a few days so still getting to grips with all the new technology. All the sounds/chimes happen when I am driving the car, one sound seems to happen (i think) when I go from a 30 MPH road onto a 50 MPH road. No warninjg lights are appearing, so I guess mechnically the car is OK. Just would be nice to understand what is happening and why.
Look at your sat nav screen, in the top left corner you will see a speed limit sign and your current speed, normally in black. If you exceed the speed limit you get a noise and the speed limit on the sat nav flashes red.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts