Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once you have set your name and then clicked through to link acc. On the screen that asks for your phone number you need to do this.

, in the bottom right to the zero there is a small fainted + sign, if you press it it will add a 0 but if you hold it it will add the + and then you can receive the confirmation code on your mobile.
So your number format is +441234456789
to get the text sent.

Big up to @AKUK for solving this issue.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So to start you need to click/tap on the profile image top left

That then brings you to this screen. If you click/tap where it says Kia Niro it takes you to the next (see below) screen.
Change user allows you to either select your other user or Guest.

If you click/tap on Name it will allow you to change the name of driver.
If you want to link the head unit to your UVO APP account. Then click/tap on Link Uvo Account. That takes you to the next screen.

This is the next screen where you need to enter the number from your UVO ACC.
Remember the format is +44, so as above to get the + Press & hold the zero for a few seconds & + will display. Then enter the number as shown in your UVO Acc. Click OK and you then get a screen with the number in with a send button. Click/tap that and it will send a text with a 6 digit code. Enter that into the box on screen and click/tap submit. That then links your head unit to your UVO APP.

That then allows you to change profile image.Back up your profile/settings. Gives you access to Vehicle settings which mirror the head unit.

Registered
@iooi. Thank you for this guide, most helpful. I am soon to be downsizing from Sportage to Xceed with 10.25 infotainment unit.

Is there something I should be doing to disconnect/delete my UVO account from the Sportage in order that the new owner can get connected and use it?

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@iooi. Thank you for this guide, most helpful. I am soon to be downsizing from Sportage to Xceed with 10.25 infotainment unit.

Is there something I should be doing to disconnect/delete my UVO account from the Sportage in order that the new owner can get connected and use it?

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Go into the head unit on the old car. Where you set up the UVO there is a link to deactivate uvo account. That should remove the link from car & Uvo APP.

Registered
Kia Ceed SW
Once you have set your name and then clicked through to link acc. On the screen that asks for your phone number you need to do this.

So your number format is +441234456789
to get the text sent.

Big up to @AKUK for solving this issue.
So to start you need to click/tap on the profile image top left
View attachment 10770

That then brings you to this screen. If you click/tap where it says Kia Niro it takes you to the next (see below) screen.
Change user allows you to either select your other user or Guest.
View attachment 10771

If you click/tap on Name it will allow you to change the name of driver.
If you want to link the head unit to your UVO APP account. Then click/tap on Link Uvo Account. That takes you to the next screen.
View attachment 10772

This is the next screen where you need to enter the number from your UVO ACC.
Remember the format is +44, so as above to get the + Press & hold the zero for a few seconds & + will display. Then enter the number as shown in your UVO Acc. Click OK and you then get a screen with the number in with a send button. Click/tap that and it will send a text with a 6 digit code. Enter that into the box on screen and click/tap submit. That then links your head unit to your UVO APP.
View attachment 10773

That then allows you to change profile image.Back up your profile/settings. Gives you access to Vehicle settings which mirror the head unit.
(y)(y)(y)(y):):cool:Great guide many thanks for your help, got in the car and it let me synch the accounts big thank you

Registered
Kia Ceed SW
@iooi do you have any guides for removing the widget from apple car play? the media play screen used to be full across the display and now its 3/4 across the display and i can get rid of the radio widget.. i can get it to change what is displayed there but can't close it altogether? it was fine before update. :unsure:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@iooi do you have any guides for removing the widget from apple car play? the media play screen used to be full across the display and now its 3/4 across the display and i can get rid of the radio widget.. i can get it to change what is displayed there but can't close it altogether? it was fine before update. :unsure:
Go into apple car play setting and untick split screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.