Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cee'd (58) dashboard and door surfaces have a non-smooth surface - like a barely noticable ridged surface. What a great "dust gatherer" this is

So those with this sort of surface - how are you cleaning it??

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi there dave,how are you mate it was good to see you on the Soul run,anyway i digress, i use the proper dash wipes( dont streak) or have used furniture wipes.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I use non silicon based dash products because I found that silicon based products attracted dust and made dashboard change colour to the best way is to clean your dash with foaming cleaner and then use a uv protection satin finish product because satin / Matt finish attract dust less a nail brush is handy for cleaning stippled surfaces

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried various cloths / wipes, and if they have even one loose "bobble", it instantly gets caught on the "ridges/grooves".

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan, I'll give that a try. I must admit I like the appearance / effect, but just not the most practical of surfaces.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Microfibre cloth is the best way. However if the dash is badly soiled I would suggest a very light vacuum with a brush and then a simple damp cloth; it will not leave streaks. You may also find a selection of your wife's new make-up brushes and a cocktail stick or two come in handy.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you advise how to remove blue eyeshadow and mascara, following your previously unsuccessful advice
Thanks for the microfibre/hoover idea.... spot on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts