3,410 Posts
Code:
Software: JF_17MY.EUR.SOP.003.17.161212
Firmware: JF_17MY.EUR.0.5.139.16118.MICOM
NAV APP: INT_AVN_MID.EUR.KMC.161209.100733
Map: EUR.09.47.50.582.002.2(D.C1)
MKBD Software: 1.5
Is anyone please able to assist?
Your maps are EUR.09 from 2017, current maps are EUR.13 (or in some cases EUR.14). Your Software is dated 12/12/2016 and the Firmware is 18/01/16. Dealer will do updates, if requested, at a recommended price of £40.

·
Registered
2021 Ceed 1.6L CRDi ISG 48V Manual
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your maps are EUR.09 from 2017, current maps are EUR.13 (or in some cases EUR.14). Your Software is dated 12/12/2016 and the Firmware is 18/01/16. Dealer will do updates, if requested, at a recommended price of £40.
Thank you, that's very useful!

Is there a way to check if there are later versions of the software / firmware in existence?

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Yes there are later versions. The image is from my Sportage which has the 2020 maps and 2019 software. I decided to skip a year and have an update applied next year. There is a thread on the Kia Customer Service section, but it has become a bit of a mess.

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Thank you, that's very useful!

Is there a way to check if there are later versions of the software / firmware in existence?
If you go to dealers and ask for map update, that should include any software/firmware updates. It is very hard to know on each individual model, but you dealer will have access to this info.

·
Registered
2021 Ceed 1.6L CRDi ISG 48V Manual
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you go to dealers and ask for map update, that should include any software/firmware updates. It is very hard to know on each individual model, but you dealer will have access to this info.
Without knowing what the software / firmware updates will change, I will not be paying £40 to update them.

It's a shame we can't do it ourselves.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Yes there are later versions. The image is from my Sportage which has the 2020 maps and 2019 software.
That version was sound and I'm happy with the Optima equivalent from 2020. As the maps are pan-European and only updated, as I understand, by around 15% per year across all of Europe, I see no reason to update again to the (some say) problematic later versions.

Much as I prefer to use the 'Here' inbuilt interface, if I want bang-up-to-date road info, I'll probably use Apple Maps or Waze from my phone, even though they, like Google Maps, are never completely up-to-date with the newest housing developments around the country. I also have 'Here we go' on my phone and I have tried another one or two which I deleted due to them being either via subscription and/or having an unattractive interface. I wanted to keep either Google Maps or Waze on my phone and after a lengthy trial, I chose to delete Google while keeping their Waze product.

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
@Indalo I am almost taking the same approach as your good self, the in-built version does everything I need it to do and to date hasn't let me down, but I am old school. I still like to plan my routes and still use a combination of my number one navigator (the missus), with her atlas and my eye's.
I do use Google occasionally, mainly because I can plan a route and send it to my phone, which I can't do with the Kia system. But there are things that Google does that I don't like. I may have to give Waze another try. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.