Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so we all get a fantastic 7 year warranty, but who will take advantage of it? I plan on keeping mine a little longer than normal thanks to the warranty. Probably 4 years. I have normally changed after 3 or less to save keeping a car out if warranty. So how about you?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Long term. We always keep cars until they drop. My last one was twelve years old when I swapped last year. The car Mrs Techno is swapping for the Sportage is also twelve years old. Both owned since new.

·
Registered
148 Posts
At least seven years. Our last car was eight years old, owned from new.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had the alloys replaced on my FE due to salt/water starting to get under the laquer and causing white marks, I showed the dealer (not the one I bought it from) he took pics and did a report to kia, about 4-5 days later I had a call from the dealer to say they would be replaced but he didn't know how long they would be as they were on back order, about 5 weeks later they were in and fitted no probs. also had a rattle from the inside of the rear seat rectified something to do with a bolt in the locking mechanism new bolt ordered and fitted no probs again, good service all round. having said that I have had new Kias on and off since 1998 and have always had good service from the dealers and kia customer service.

·
Registered
863 Posts
3years probably, then trade in for new one.... Or that's the current plan anyway

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mr Unhappy said:
I Paid £22.212 and got £18000 trade in with 8k on the clocks. Kia roof rails and detachable towbar and kia floor mats and boot mat.
Just remembered, I saw someone on here recently who sold a Sorento KX3 £31000 2012 and he sold it for £18000 after a few months with 2.5k on the clocks, so he had a worse deal than me.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Mr Unhappy said:
Mr Unhappy said:
I Paid £22.212 and got £18000 trade in with 8k on the clocks. Kia roof rails and detachable towbar and kia floor mats and boot mat.
Just remembered, I saw someone on here recently who sold a Sorento KX3 £31000 2012 and he sold it for £18000 after a few months with 2.5k on the clocks, so he had a worse deal than me.

Probably what had a large effect on that loss was the reputation as a tow car and a new 2013 model with SLS.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts