Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last half dozen cars have all been equipped with heated seats varying from lovely and warm to burn yer bum.

The sportage in comparison is only a little warmer than body temperature.

Has anyone else noticed the poor heat output on theirs?

·
Registered
48 Posts

I noticed in the handbook that it warns of the dangers of burning with heated seats. Married men shouldn't really have a problem, on a cold morning I make the wife sit in the car for half an hour to warm up my seats ( after she has made my breakfast of course!)
Better keep my identity secret after this 'post' I'll be murdered!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I hate heated seats. They make me feel like I have wet myself.

Mrs Techno, on the other hand, considers them essential even in the height of summer.

Edit: Does anyone know if it is possible to get heated steering wheels?

Edited by: Techno

·
Registered
97 Posts
Techno said:

Mrs Techno, on the other hand, considers them essential even in the height of summer.

Edit: Does anyone know if it is possible to get heated steering wheels?
Lol cracked me up..

As for heated steering wheel, yep its an option if you live in Canada on the Sportage

·
Registered
147 Posts
I refused to go for the sat nav version. I already have one woman nagging, I couldn't cope with two. Mrs Funky (a non driver) constantly tells me I'm driving to fast, cutting corners and am going the wrong way. If Kia did a wife mute button, I'm first in line to upgrade.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have to admit my wife is a good un. She is a Geologist/Cartographer though so i would hope she knows her way around a map :)

I used to have Sharon Osbourne on my TomTom and we would both end up arguing with it lol which was even funnier.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Iusuallylet my wife do the navigation when I am driving. On a recent trip to the south of France she used an atlas and two satnav units.

I had to listen to three women telling me what to do.

·
Registered
147 Posts
2 sat navs and a wife with an atlas, no offence ladies but that would push me over the edge. Would be funny though if one sat nav was Sharon and the other Ozzie!!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I have to admit that it did get rather 'tense' at times.Especiallywhen my sister rang on the phone on several occasions adding yet another female voice into the mix.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have tried my seats out a few times just experimenting. They regulate the temp. Initially quite warm then cool before heating up again. So not a constant heat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Must admit I am not a fan of heated seats unless it is the middle of winter, well below freezing and the car has been outside all night - then may be good for 15 mins (in my Audi TT). But, similar to the comments below, the missus likes them and switched them on today in the new Sportage even though it was 17deg outside!Not sure theback heated seats get as warm as the front.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I find mine great for the drive home from work to ease my bad back. 10minutes or so on high then switch off and I'm good for the rest of the journey.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Having picked my Sportage up in December of last year, the heated seats were a godsend!

They are warm enough to make me feel nice a cosy, and then a drop the heat down a level so's I don't fall asleep :p

As far as I'm aware, from the reactions from my passengers, the rear heated seats are good enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Techno said:

I nearly PMSL at this post...cause the heated seats make me feel like I've wet myself too...lol....I asked my hubby if they did the same to him and he said " I've not wet myself since being 1 year old so can't empathise with you"...must be just me and Techno with this problem...lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts