Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Cee'd 3 SW which I bought brand new in June. When I fill up the computer normally gives 420 ""“ 435 miles for the tank. I filled up to the brim at Morrisons 2 weeks ago and it said 204 miles from the tank. I was a little baffled and read a few of the posts on this forum, that's when I realised that I was getting way below the average? I read on one post that you have to manually reset the trip every time you fill up but for the life of me I can't see how that's done.
Any ideas, thoughts, would be much appreciated.
Cheers Zoobs.
As an aside my friend has a 2010, 2 litre Audi A4 estate and when he fills up the lowest reading his on board computer has shown is 680 miles (I hope its got a very big tank)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,Firstly don't let this worry you, your mpg will always vary and the trip computer is not 100% accurate.
The Average MPG trip resets each time you fill up and the distance figure is based on the mpg since your last fill up.
You can reset the computer functions manually by selecting each function (press "trip button on right hand side of steering wheel) then holding down the "trip button".
For details see handbook.
As far as mpg goes don't beat yourself up; this varies according to numerous factors, outside temperature, speed, volume of traffic, how much electrical equipment you are using which puts a load on the alternator (e.g. lights, radio, heated screen, wipers, etc).
I got my SW derv auto in November its now done 4500 miles and returns anything between 42 and 56 mpg. As the engine does more miles so the MPG will increase.
Just enjoy the car.
Alan

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds about right to me.

The computer on my hatchback always claims it can do up to 460 - 490 miles on a tank when full... and it near as damn it does it every time too
. The official figures claim a 728 mile tank range in my car! - blimey they must be driving miss daisy!!
Don't worry about it though - official figures are only a guide, created in test conditions on rolling roads etc, not real world figures.

Given that the hatchback has slightly better fuel efficiency figures than the SW estate, yours sounds right to me

·
Registered
18 Posts
My SW auto has now done 13500 miles and I am only getting 30 around a hilly town and 40 on a motorway run. Getting to be expensive. I used to get 40-55 out of my Megane diesel, so don't think it is my driving. Any thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.