Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Airbag/Seatbelt indicator thing above the radio, still has the selophane cover over it from the factory.
This has bubbled up, so I've tried to remove it, which has made it worse.

I assume that I'll have to pull the radio out a little to get at it.

Any ideas how it comes out.

I'm guessing the two plastic caps below have something to do with it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't know exactly but believe it's tricky.

I had a problem with my radio and the dealer wanted to put a new one in to test. They said it took them so long to get the old one out that they would leave the new one in!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just been out at lunch time and managed to get the sellophane off without removing anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got the same problem but mines a satnav model. Normally when you have a plastic film on a screen you just lift it off with a nail. This is obviously extending outside of the screen area behind the dash. It look a right mess now - I guess I'll have to try cutting around the outside with acraft knife.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why not bring it back to the Dealer?

Surely they should have done that at vehicle preparation stage?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can't get it out due to it being trapped behind the plastic radio bezel.
Looking at the PDF above, it looks like the tidiestmethod would be to remove the bezel, then remove two screws to remove the seatbelt/airbag display.

Its probably a manufacturing thing rather than a PDI/Prep thing.

I could well imagine that if you took it to the dealers, they'd do exactly what I did (below)

The bottom and sides came out sort of OK, with a little bit of gentle pursasion, however, I had to use a delicate craft knife to get the top bit out.

It looks tidy now though.
Edited by: keat99

1 - 7 of 7 Posts