Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks William

BTW, the pictures were done from my iPad, and it was really easy.
As long as you have uploaded the pictures to photobucket, select the 'img' file, 'select all', 'copy'
Go to the post that you are replying to put the cursor in the box, select 'paste' and there you go.....
Rob

·
Registered
443 Posts
Love a clean car.

Snow,wash bucket,pressure wash,wash wax shampoo, pressure wash, dry,polish D3, Wax D3.

And most importent, sit down and admire over a tin.

But only when the weather is better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pressure wash to losses dirt snow foam leave for a few minutes pressure wash off snow foam hand wash with lambs wool mit using 2 bucket method dry off with waffle cloth and I clay polish and wax mine just before and just after winter
And do the washing normally at least twice a month

·
Registered
208 Posts
I always have old cars - so usually wash every MOT (whether they need it or not) :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I go round to the local hand wash every month or so. I don't wish to be a slave to a tin box on wheels.
Yep, ditto that 'Lancelot1937'. I didn't retire 16 years ago to waste the precious time I may have left trying to make my personal transport impress other people. Some eastern Europeans do a cracking job in no time at all and charge me £9.00 for their effort which I'm happy to pay. Round these parts, that wouldn't buy me 3 pints of my favourite hand-pulled beer!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Move North, I pay only £5, they do a great job, even opening every door and the boot and doing the fits. They used to give a free smelly but have stopped doing that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Using a hose only...rinse under the wheel well's and below the car, then starting from the roof rinse down all the car.

I spray a thick mix of shampoo over the car, wash with a mit, use high qulaity wheel brushes for the inside of the wheels and calipers and a hairy sponge for wheel faces, rinse and use a blade to take off most of the water blow out all the recesses with an airline and chamois dry.

Nothing fancy but it works.

·
Registered
367 Posts
£9 = 4 and a half pints of doombar in spoons at pre pandemic prices!.........just saying and thinking of happier times,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh and do people still wax their modern cars.?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Nothing ever applied to the car and it goes round the corner to a gang of foreigners once a month for a hand wash. I don't want to be a car slave. I value my spare time.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Depends on which car, however the Kia gets driven into a do it yourself Hall occasionally, and just sprayed over with a hi pressure washer, fresh water only to get the dust off. If there is a sponge lying about, I rinse it off and go over the alloy wheels. Then it's backed out of the hall to in between the petrol pumps where I use the back side of the free window wash thingy that has the rubber strip for drying off window glass. All the window glass gets wiped over followed by a short run to dry the disks. The Vehicle gets washed with a big brush and purple Maguires soap as necessary, which is not very often in good weather.

Wax:
I recommend Maguires NXT tech wax 2.0 because it's easy to work with and doesn't mess up black trim.

Plastic and black trim:
Have recently switched from autoglym bumper and trim gel to sonax extreme plastic renovator which gives a great result.

Black plastic turned grey:
Nothing beats Owatrol Polytrol colour restorer. Best with the tin rather than spray can.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts