Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
1. Wet the car well with a pressure washer.
2. Snow foam pre-wash and allow to dwell for 10 minutes
3. High pressure rinse working from the bottom up "shaving" off the dirt.
4. Hand was the wheels and wheel arches with a mix of Snow Foam and shampoo using the 2 bucket method and a dedicated wash mitt.
5. Hand wash the car from the top down with AutoGlym shampoo using the 2 bucket method and a dedicated lambs wool wash mitt.
6. High pressure rinse.
7. Low pressure rinse with an open hose to "sheet" as much water off as possible.
8. If it's not raining, dry with a big, fluffy micro-fibre drying towel.

This time of year I will often one go as far as stage 3 once a week, especially if the car is likely to get dirty again very soon, or it is raining. Even the most carefullest washing methods will inflict swirls and maring, so minimal contact is the order of the day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Spray with hose.Brush wash with warm water and Mer Shampoo.
Hose down before it dries.
Chamois dry.
Never, ever, use 'polish'!

Wash when dirty!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
take it to hand car wash was a month. dependant on how dirty the inside of the car gets. usually once a month if needed. or just before i go on a long drive (usually holiday or something)

·
Registered
212 Posts
EJB said:
Chamois dry.

Wash when dirty!!
Ha Ha, good one. Brush and chamois. You nearly had me going for a minute.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dieseldonicely said:
EJB said:
Chamois dry.

Wash when dirty!!
Ha Ha, good one. Brush and chamois. You nearly had me going for a minute.
I dont think they were joking!

·
Registered
216 Posts
1) Hose all over with water from roof down this ensures all the road dirt is soaked giving it time to soften before removal
2) apply Autoglym shampoo/water mix with sponge to roof, windows, rear and bonnet, sides down to cills.
3) rinse from roof down
4) if underside is really dirty and after driving in salted roads, jet wash underside and wheels/arches
5) leather roof, windows, rear, bonnet, sides down to cills
6) dry cloth inside windows.
7) if it is a nice day then I would apply Ice wax
8) hoover and dry cloth inside
stand back and enjoy

·
Registered
45 Posts
dieseldonicely said:
4. Hand was the wheels and wheel arches with a mix of Snow Foam and shampoo using the 2 bucket method and a dedicated wash mitt.
5. Hand wash the car from the top down with AutoGlym shampoo using the 2 bucket method and a dedicated lambs wool wash mitt.
6. High pressure rinse.
7. Low pressure rinse with an open hose to "sheet" as much water off as possible.

This time of year I will often one go as far as stage 3 once a week, especially if the car is likely to get dirty again very soon, or it is raining. Even the most carefullest washing methods will inflict swirls and maring, so minimal contact is the order of the day.

Great steps and the all important 2 bucket method

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fast3000 said:
dieseldonicely said:
6. High pressure rinse.

Great steps and the all important 2 bucket method
Mine is pretty much the same as above at the moment although I dont snow foam I just use a citrus prewash and Ihave some bilberry wheel cleaner (excellent btw).
After winter though I am going to buy a load decontamination remover (iron, tap & sap), namelyiron-x and tardis. Also a clay bar and some lubricant. Having a white car has some disadvantages such as you can actually see the decontaminents going rusty lodged in the paintwork!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hose down to get rid of loose dirt
wash with regular shampoo using sponge
rinse with hose
rinse again with Bobby Dazzler soulution
leather it all down inc inside doors,under tailgate and bonnet
apply tire shine
Looks as though it has just come out the Showroom

I did have the 3G done to it when I bought it so it gets ceramic shampoo on it once every 2 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's so good to see others with the same "problem" like myself!

Washed my Kia today, used the same regime like a few others on here. Protection was Swissvax Shield and Rain X on windows!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Pre wash with a foam gun.

hand wash with Meguiars Shampoo Plus, dry with a microfibre towel and depending on the time its either wax once a month with zymol Vintage or use Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

I wax the wheels to, dress the tyres with 1z vinyl rubber, clean the glass with 1z glass cleaner then start on the interior.

bit of an Einszett fan though

p.s i used to own a detailing business so if anyone is looking for advice etc give me a message i will gladly help as best i can.

·
Registered
228 Posts

Nice and shiny..... with a black car, it is all about reflections....

She who thinks that she must be obeyed says that i have OCD.... (Obsessive Cleaning Disorder )

RobEdited by: scuba0576

1 - 20 of 35 Posts