Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just checking to see which type of bulb I had in the GT Line type B headlights. The manual says

'2. Remove the headlamp bulb cover by turning it counterclockwise.
3. Disconnect the headlamp bulb socket-connector.
4. Remove the bulb-socket from the headlamp assembly by turning the bulb-socket counterclockwise until the tabs on the bulb-socket align with the slots on the headlamp assembly.'

Has anyone managed to do this in the tiny space between the back of the headlight unit and the fuse box or am I missing something? :unsure: 馃が

edit I think I've found the answer

Reactions: Greybeard2

Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
Discussion Starter #3
'Remove the front bumper', sounds simple.... 2 man job by the looks of it.
As you say, for what should be a simple task. I wonder what the police would say when told that it's a bumper off job to make the car road legal again? If I need one changing I suspect it will be a Halfords job.

Reactions: Beebee

Registered
Picanto 4 ISG mk2 (TA) 2015 1.25
No need to remove the bumper, "just" detach the headlights and move them forwards to get the clearance. It is a bit of a faff as they can be very stiff but once you have the knack is not too onerous. The video above is for the TA (Mk 2) Picanto. The JA (Mk 3) Picanto is very similar, see the link below.

Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
I changed the main beam bulbs on my Proceed and had to take a photo with my phone to get any idea how the bulbs located. That was after taking a few chunks out of both hands of course. I can't imagine how much more difficult it is in the smaller engine bay of the Picanto.

Still, we won't have to worry about it for much longer. Once we all have full LED headlights, it will just be a case of changing the whole unit for 拢900 a pop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts