Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the faulty CD play
I need to remove the faulty CD player on my car and replace it with another one. How do I remove the centre fascia first so I can access the CD player? I have the plastic forked tool but there doesn't seem to be a place on the fascia to pry the fascia off. Any info would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Firstly you will need good quality plastic trim removal tools :)
The two silver trims one each side of the CD/Radio (its one unit) need to be removed, once these are out of the way 4 pozidrive screws secure the CD/Radio unit to the dash. Job takes 5 minutes if you have done it before ;) :)

Start by inserting the trim tool in between the right hand side silver trim & the dashboard (steering wheel side) at the lower edge (adjacent to the heater controls) The difficult bit is that these trims are held in with a series of very tight peg & socket type clips. Try to make a gap with one trim tool & then use another close by to add more leverage on the trim, gentle pressure is better than brute force.

Once the lower clip releases you can carefully ease the remaining trim clips from the dash by carefully levering with the trim itself + the trim tool from the bottom to the top. Trim & air vents will come out as one unit leaving the centre section CD/Radio & Heating controls in place
Repeat for the left hand side trim, then CD/Radio retaining screws will then be visible.

I hope this helps & good luck, probably better to get professional help if you are in any doubt though ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vengablue, I have the tools and will have a try at removing the dash tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the job this morning. The silver fascia next to the steering wheel was removed first. I had to be careful and it took me about twenty minutes. Once I removed that one, the passenger side one took about twenty seconds. The removal of the old CD player and fitting of the new CD player was a daudle. There was even a CD in the new one. Unfortunately it was Ed Sheeran. Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts