·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Playing with your horn again? lol

Are the details for adjusting the horn on the web? I'd like to make it sound a bit less appologetic!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont know but its very easy to do. Take the grille off and you will see the horn bolted to the front panel upright. Take horn off the car and locate the adjusting screw on back of horn then connect to a 12volt battery One terminal to live other to neg. The horn will keep sounding now turn adjusting screw until a desired tone is heard. It wont sound like a fog horn but it should be better than the standard peep.
I got my twin horn set this morning so I'm going to fit them today. The cars 10amp fuse is ideal for the twin set up.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fitted my twin horn set up and hey what a big difference. Sounds like a real car now and not one of those little tykes the weans play with.
The front grille is a bit of pig to get off as it is held on to the bumper surround with small self tappers that are made of sh*t steel and rust up. Once you take the plastic clips from the bonnet landing panel pull the grill forward and there is about 6 of the self tappers to come out before grill separates from bumper surround. I would have thought it would have just clipped to the bumper surround like other cars.
You have to cut the original horn connector off and crimp spades or bullet type connectors and at the horn end they are spade terminals.
Its a job worth doing. The twin horns I got only require a 10amp fuse so the existing fuse is a 10amp so there is no need to change that or relay.
Parp parp for noo

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
157 Posts
My horn is a bit beep-beep as well. Wonder would those wee blue pills everybody talks about do any good. Do`nt fancy connecting it to a battery !.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts