Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people thoughts please I am thinking of buying a Kia ceed estate 2014 plate 1.6crdi with 65000k miles on the clock selling for £5250
from nk motors it has full Kia service history what’s the opinions on this

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gut feeling is a bit overpriced as diesels aren't holding their value now but you've said nothing about condition so it could be a star buy for all we know :)

You have basically 6 months left on original warranty (in theory but good luck with that) which is the same warranty time as you get with any second-hand car sold by a trader so the Kia service history isn't a factor. If its REALLY a full history (invoices/etc rather than just a stamped book) then its worth something as its a full history of whats been done to the car, otherwise not really worth anything.

FWIW I paid £11k for a 19 plate Ceed Sportswagon petrol (trim level 2, dark penta paint option) with 21k on the clock last November. Diesels (invariably Arctic White paint) were around £12k for lower mileage (12-15k).

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i found this info on Honest John for the vehicle you are considering, seems it`s not far off the mark pricewise

Kia cee'd Estate CRDi 2014
Buyer's Price Guide
£5490
£6990
£8650

Most are between
£5,830 and £7,500
We see cars like this for sale
less than once a week

At a dealer,​
aim to pay between£5,650 and £7,500
At a franchised dealer,​
expect to pay£7,000.
From a private seller,​
aim to pay between £5,000 and £6,500
and expect to pay£6,050.
If selling in part exchange,​
expect to receive£4,330.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
About the ballpark on Autotrader.

Reactions: KIA Sportage 2 2016

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Looks nice.
TBH, given the time left on the warranty, service history is more of a nice to know, than anything else.

If it's close enough go and have a look. Dealers open from 12/04. But might be worth a look to see if it's on the forecourt for a view of the outside, with no pressure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What’s the engines like my dad has a 15 plate Kia venga but petrol also this Diesel engine is time chain and also does not have a dual mass flywheel so I have read somewhere is that true

·
Registered
56 Posts
Honest John (they're normally right) has a statement about Kia dealers routinely remapping the 1.6 and 2.0 CRDi engines to extend the turbo's life :

3-8-2013: Seems that Kia dealers are routinely remapping the turbos on 1.6 and 2.0 CRDI engines to prevent overboost and extend the life of the turbos. This results in much less torque in the 1,800-2,000 rev range and considerably reduced performance.

Apart from that they say :

All of the diesels are sprightly in the lower gears which means they're good for driving around town, but they quickly run out of puff. As a result you have to push the Cee'd SW rather hard to get up to speed on the motorway and even the most powerful versions of the 1.6 becomes quite vocal above 3500rpm.

Make of that what you will. The review was written in 2012, before the remapping statement.

BTW the car you linked is £5499, not £5250 :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honest John (they're normally right) has a statement about Kia dealers routinely remapping the 1.6 and 2.0 CRDi engines to extend the turbo's life :

3-8-2013: Seems that Kia dealers are routinely remapping the turbos on 1.6 and 2.0 CRDI engines to prevent overboost and extend the life of the turbos. This results in much less torque in the 1,800-2,000 rev range and considerably reduced performance.

Apart from that they say :

All of the diesels are sprightly in the lower gears which means they're good for driving around town, but they quickly run out of puff. As a result you have to push the Cee'd SW rather hard to get up to speed on the motorway and even the most powerful versions of the 1.6 becomes quite vocal above 3500rpm.

Make of that what you will. The review was written in 2012, before the remapping statement.

BTW the car you linked is £5499, not £5250 :)
Yes I can have for £5250 what about timing chain etc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts