Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Here is the million $ question.
Do you want a simple plug & play, or do you want the all singing & dancing one if you have the likes of solar panels?

Tethered means you do not have to dig your cable out of the car, quicker on them cold wet winter times. Means you do not have a wet & dirty cable in the car, but is more oblivious to passers by

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a first generation Zappi from MyEnergi. 3 1/2 years old. Still working perfectly, still actively supported.

Strongly recommended if you have solar panels. If you don't have panels, you may get comparable control options elsewhere for less money.

Beware BP Chargemaster, or at least read TrustPilot reviews first. My experience suggests that you would do better with a smaller local installer. They have more to lose from a bad reputation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought an EV charge unit type 2 tethered from amazon and fitted it myself , its no frills and doesn't support fancy software or anything but I just wanted 7kv and control myself not octopus controlling it !! I also added commando type 2 socket on a separate supply so I can charge 2 ar 7kv with the right kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts