Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
KIA Niro 2020 HEV - DynamicPlusLine
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized that there is hole at both corner of the trunk. See below screenshots.
Is that because I have spare tire? I didn't check this when I bought the car (used car) tbh.

Any idea, or part, which I can put on to close it? Because I want to buy rubber mat for the trunk.

My car is 2020 HEV.

Car White Vehicle Trunk Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior Grey

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is so you can store the boot cover.
Your lucky as in the "4" we do not have that space so either have to take it out of the car or find somewhere else to put it.
What do you mean with boot cover? Is it something like this? So, kind of thin plastic to cover the trunk for when we need to transport things. This kind of cover would protect all the sides.
I can imagine that this kind of cover, we can fold it and store it in that corner hole.

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Trunk

Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
I've got those wells on my Ceed. I presumed it was for storing 2 ltr bottles of coke.

Edit. Actually only at one side as I have the JBL sub at other side.

Registered
No. This bit at the top that stops prying eyes into the boot. As you can see I have a speaker at passenger side.

You pull it out & can store it at the back of the boot using the 2 holes.
I think he's talking about the holes / wells themselves rather than the indentations in the sides.

If I ever take the cover off it's because I've put the back seats down to transport something big, so just put it on the floor between the front and rear seats.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. This bit at the top that stops prying eyes into the boot. As you can see I have a speaker at passenger side.

You pull it out & can store it at the back of the boot using the 2 holes.
Right, I watched a video on how that boot/cargo cover could be stored inside, like this for example:

But, that won't be possible here in my car trunk. As you can see in the screenshots below, the raised storage box to store the spare tire, there is no way you can store that long cargo cover there.

Automotive design Grey Automotive exterior Tints and shades Carbon

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Trunk

Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
Can you lift the storage box too?

Reactions: kiya_2021

Super Moderator
@kiya_2021

Ah OK. Seems that they have changed the boot inserts around. As that is the same as mine, and not something that you can really take out as it means you lose a good bit of useful storage.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you lift the storage box too?
No, I cannot lift it out. There is spare tire in it, which I am fine with it.

And it seems those corner holes are supposed to leave it as it is. I checked WeatherTech for rubber trunk/cargo liner and they have specific one for it:

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Font Automotive exterior Trunk

I clicked "Yes", and they have this:

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Output device Automotive design

I can see it has the same corner holes. But, I need to find alternative, WeatherTech is quite expensive :D

Attachments

Super Moderator
I have Kia one in our car, but they are very flexible. Still has the cut out in the driverside for the hole. Which is a very useful storage space for dogs water & other bits I need to get at without lifting the load shelf up.

Registered
Must be me, but I was expecting to see an actual hole in the floor or side of the car from the title of this thread. I just call those areas the side storage and are the same as I had on both of my Yeti's.
One side I have a medical waste bag for all the masks, gloves and wipes I use transporting patients, the other side has a bottle of de-icer fluid, a couple of cloths and a window scraper.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Def worth always checking main dealer prices...
Kia Niro 2017-Present Boot Liner Without Luggage Undertray - G5122ADE10 - Kia Parts Direct
(there are a number of different ones listed... e-niro... with or without luggage undertray etc but all are about this price....)
I have been looking around into this, and I am not entirely sure.

The part number in the link from @little_geoff is G5122ADE10 with this photo:

Automotive design Automotive tire Grey Flash photography Floor

While, my cargo doesn't have that "curve" (indicated by the red circle):

Trunk Car Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Then I found another part number, G5122ADE01, from this link:

That has this image shown:

Font Parallel Screenshot Slope Circle

Which has the same "thumbnail" that has the curve from the other part number, G5122ADE10.

According to that site, G5122ADE10 is for EV (full electric).

kiapartsdirect.co.uk doesn't specifically mention it's for EV.

So, really, all these KIA sites are confusing. I checked several others and they are the same. Even from KIA.com.

Attachments

Registered
I am obviously a cheapskate - I modified the boot liner from our previous car (Honda CR-V) - just a little judicious 'hacking' did the trick and it fits reasonably well :)

Super Moderator
That first picture with the curve on the right is for the PHEV which has the 12V battery situated there.
Or I think pre 2020 hev's also had 12V battery there.

The mats shown will not rally have enough strength to stop them bending into the gap. As they are flimsy plastic/rubber. Would really need a new floor making.

Registered
I have been looking around into this, and I am not entirely sure.

The part number in the link from @little_geoff is G5122ADE10 with this photo:

View attachment 12966

While, my cargo doesn't have that "curve" (indicated by the red circle):

View attachment 12967

Then I found another part number, G5122ADE01, from this link:

That has this image shown:

View attachment 12968

Which has the same "thumbnail" that has the curve from the other part number, G5122ADE10.

According to that site, G5122ADE10 is for EV (full electric).

kiapartsdirect.co.uk doesn't specifically mention it's for EV.

So, really, all these KIA sites are confusing. I checked several others and they are the same. Even from KIA.com.

They all show the same photo regardless of the part number....and they say "Image for display"

My point was that in this instance Kia parts were cheaper than 3rd party, but obviously don't know if they of the same quality...
They do list one out for the E-Niro too... one would assume they would ask for reg or Vin to ensure correct fitment, because it's definately very confusing...!
Kia E-Niro 2019-Present Boot Liner - Kia Parts Direct

1 - 20 of 23 Posts