Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a strange hissing noise from behind the dash when my air con is on inmy 2004 diesel sedona. The air is still coming out cold but the hissing is now constant when the ac is on. I had it re gassed plus dye put inback in April and all was fine. But I have noticed a leak from the condensor/radiator on one side. This obviously needs replacing but is it he cause of the hissing???

·
Registered
32 Posts
mine does the same,an a/c garage said it was because my gas level was low,i also have a small leak,so needs topping up,they cant find the leak as it maybe behind dash and thats a major joband also the last time it was gasssed no dye was put in so even harder to track down so unfortunatley may have to suffer with it being gassed every year.
robin

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a new condensor fitted and had the system re gassed. Hissing had has stopped! Not sure if dye was added this time but just going to keep my fingers crossed! It lasted 3 months before the hissing began so I will now wait for three months to see if its fixed for good!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts