Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin at a 08 diesel sorento but am worried about the mileage. The car has done over 140,000 and although its in mint condition and has a service history it's still a lot of mileage in 3 years. I currently drivea 07 sportage 2wd dieseland also would love to know if the MPG is going to be significantly lower in the Sorento. I'm not big into checking MPG but always felt that the sportage wasn't great on diesel compared to a CRV that my wife runs. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi -
High mileage should not be an issue unless it wasall offroad.

The things to look out for are drive train (gearbox/diffs/and propshafts) makes sure thay have been well cared for there is a sliding joint on the front prop which is difficult to lubricate, failures here can be very costly. Two years agomy 2004 xs autodropped a frontpropon a Frenchmotorwayat 75mphand destroyed the floor pan and gearbox and cost me 5k to fix with reconditioned partsOther than that look out for rusting on the tailgate chrome trim and possible leaks from the sunroof.

Fuel consumption will be about 25 ~30 mpg for a deisel auto. I only see 30+ on a very long run at 50mph. The Sorrento makes a great towcar and is a very capable 4 x 4.

Reading this forum can often highlight the bad points most of it is the lack of support from KIA despite all that the car itself has to be one of the best vfm 4 x 4's on the road today.

You cant compare it with a CRVthe Sorrento ismuch heavier and the engine not as refined but it does have a lot more grunt.

Martin

Edited by: UncleMart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts