Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woundered if anyone has replaced the bulb in the high level brake light on the rio and how you do it?
Had a look in the owners manual and it's describing how to replace the bulb for the 4 door saloon not the 5 door hatch.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
According to the w/s manual open tail gate and locate the bulb holder at back of high level brake lamp and disconnect the wiring from it and turn it anti clockwise. Then it should come out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owners manual says exactly the same thing davy. When you open the boot and look for the bulb holder there is nothing there, all you see is the plastic trim.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,121 Posts
On my 05 1.3 le I remove the rear door internal handle, pull off the complete rear plastic trim (about 8 clips) and using a 10mm socket remove thetwo boltsholding thebrake light unit and it comes away. Phil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,

I appreciate that this is a late post to the thread but with Mum having taken ownership of a first generation Rio LE recently that needed bulbs replacing I hope this will help those also searching for some hints on the task.

As Phil886 says take the hatch internal handle off, un-clip the plastic trimattachedto thebottomof door, undo two 10mm bolts and disconnect the light assembly. Theplasticshroud oftheassembly then needs to be removed by squeezingthetwo clips on either side with long nose pliers . Now with access to the wiring etc, inthecenteroftheassembly there is a oblong 'cover' which can be levered off with a screwdriver; this should now give access to the cap-less bulbs for renewal.Refittingis the reversal of removal.

Its a bit of a pain to do but quite straightforward.

Regards,

Aza

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 1955 Kia Rio 5 door hatchback and I am trying to replace the rear high level brake light bulb. After reading the posts I still cannot see how to access the bulb. I have no internal trunk handle. The light fitting is behind the plastic trim of the tailgate and I cannot see how to remove it to access the brake light bulb. I dont want to try just pulling on it in case it breaks.
Help please if any one knows the answer.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry I meant a 2005. Must start reading my own posts!!! But I really do have the problem and if anyone can help I wopuld be grateful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry I meant a 2005. Must start reading my own posts!!! But I really do have the problem and if anyone can help I wopuld be grateful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts