Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Picanto 1 (SA)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To make it Short & Sweet. As of late the high beam indicator has started to flicker, It is both the high beam Indicator and the bulb itself flickering sometimes it can be a minor flicker other times it can fully illuminate for half a second then die out. It does seem to happen more commonly when going round a left bend or turning left. It will sometimes happen setting off from a stop. I dont know if this is related to my second issue which is the indicator fuse continues to blow.

With the 1st issue i have replaced the bulb as this was my first go to however after replacing the H4 bulb it still continues to flicker. Thinking its a faulty wiring i tugged and shaken the harness for each headlight not a single flicker. I have removed the harness from the headlight and i seem to have continuity from ground on pins 1,4,7,8 if i could confirm this with another Picanto it would be helpful.

The 2nd issue which is the Indicator fuse keeps blowing, i did have 2 semi broken wires on the Side light and ground wires, i have repaired these 2 wires but i dont believe this was the issue. Unfortuantly its something i cant replicate as it can not blow for a week and sometimes it will blow after 2 days. I repaired both wires and also sanded & Cleaned the ground cable to the chassis and no look.

Hopefully i can try a voltage drop on high beam feed wires and see if anything comes up. I did do a voltage drop on the ground side and i got 13mv drop however this is with no load on the circuit.

Vehicle is a Kia Picanto 1 SA 2009 plate. Any suggestions would be great... i would hate to put it down to the Winter weather.

Edit - While driving back home High beam indicator came on permanently no matter whether this was Dipped or sidelights position however high beam side of the bulbs where off and entire drivers headlight went out. Unplugging the drivers side harness switched off the high beam indicator so im guessing faulty bulb?

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
147 Posts
Sounds like a dodgy/broken/dirty earth causing mayhem.
might be worth checking all that you have touched and clean up any related earths.
It’s unlikely a faulty bulb would give this indication, would only really be possible if the bulb has been inserted incorrectly, even that would be very difficult

1 - 2 of 2 Posts