Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Bit of background. I joined a while ago when my daughter bought a 2013 Kia Sportage. For the life of me I cannot remember if I actually posted anything! (Sorry). Anyway, today my wife and I have bought a 2017 Kia Sportage. A nice looking black one. 1.7 CRDi 1SG 5dr. Only got 22k miles on it, ex mobility. (It's replacing a very reliable 61 plate 1.5 Nissan Note 1.5 dci which we think we MAY have a buyer for). Is there anything we need to be aware of with this model please? I see it has no side steps/running boards so I will be buying some. I think they make it look smarter. Any ideas of best place to buy? I reckon dealer price will be massive. We will probably only be doing around 5k miles per year so we are aware we will need to give it a 'blast' along the local by pass regularly. Any advice will be most welcome. I am pushing 70 years of age so not looking to do a lot of 'designer' mods. Just want to look after this this car for my younger wife (she's 21 - - - - - - - - - - - - - Joking, but she is a couple of years younger) In conclusion: I hope you are all well and staying safe. Take care everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Welcome Mrblue. As I'm sure you realise the place to see other Sportage owners is the Sportage forum - but yours will be a different sub-forum from your daughter as your car is 4 years younger!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hi Mr Blue
Hope you enjoy the new toy :)
You probably do not want to bother with the side steps as the general consensus of opinion seems to be that they actually make it more difficult to enter/exit the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.