Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all
I have been a big car user for many years Volvo v40 2.0 at the moment i get a miserable 22-25 MPG on a run so enough is enough bite the bullet time and having drove a kia sedona auto diesel at work i like the cars
i don't realy want to get a sedona size car i was thinking that a reo 1, 09 plate would be nice ? but i have been reading that kia are a shall we say economical with there published fuel usages a lot of owners saying that there are seeing around 25 - 26 mpg so i am a bit confused this don't seem right with a 1.4 petrol so do you think i would be better off with a diesel i do a fare bit of motorway journeys visiting family up and down the country
There would be me the wife and our 14 month old girl.
So a few questions !
should i get the diesel
should i get the next size car up
what cheaper on tax ( i will be getting a Manual )
or should i go everywhere
i will be getting the car this weekend so i need some speedy answers any help at all would be great even if you just answer one question.
Thanks so much for you views and help.
Darren

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi welcome Darren, If your thinking of a Rio go for the diesel one. I've had one for 2years now and it is powerful and economical. E.G Drove from Howwood to Inverness in June and no faster than 70mph up the A9 route and I got 58mpg. Mixed driving town/country roads it gets about 44mpg. I am not that gentle on the gas pedal.
Definetly go for the diesel version.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I second that, don't waste time on the petrol version. Go for the top of the range model too, don't mess about buying a car that's sub-standard just to save a few pounds. You'd be surprised how little difference it makes to the price if you shop around on the web.

As an alternative to the Rio, you might consider the Nissan Note, it has more room andhas similar fuel economy or better, BUT, it is significantly less powerful than the diesel Rio and only comes with a pathetic 60,000 mile warranty.

Make sure when you get your new Kia that it doesn't pull to the left on a straight road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M4trundler said:
I second that, don't waste time on the petrol version. Go for the top of the range model too, don't mess about buying a car that's sub-standard just to save a few pounds. You'd be surprised how little difference it makes to the price if you shop around on the web.

As an alternative to the Rio, you might consider the Nissan Note, it has more room andhas similar fuel economy or better, BUT, it is significantly less powerful than the diesel Rio and only comes with a pathetic 60,000 mile warranty.

Make sure when you get your new Kia that it doesn't pull to the left on a straight road.
Why

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The petrol version has less power, is noiser and is less economical. The Rio 1 will have narrow 175 tyres, whereas higher spec models have 15 inch alloys with 195 tyres, which improves handling. Then there's the space saver tyre compared to a proper tyre, air con and many other things.

Kias do have a tendancy to pull to the left because they don't bother to do a proper wheel alignment before they are sold. This can be easily fixed in most cases, but is only covered by the warranty for one month or the first 500 miles or so. Best to report it straight away rather than have to pay to have it done yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts