Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to join this forum after I had been browsing it for quite some time. It seems that there is quite a happy bunch of Kia owners on here, so I am hoping to help, and get help in return.
Have had my Kia Riofor a few months now, and happy with it. Been fixing my own cars since I first started driving, oh so long ago, and do not care for the greed that controls the pricing in all the garages these days, not to mention any of the add ons that occur outwith the quote given at the time for services, and repairs, a bunch of crooks if you ask me.

Get down and dirty, fix your own car, and save a fortune.

Home mechanics is a must these days, far too expensive to run a car these days if you do not have the knowledge or forums like this one to give you help in keeping you on the road.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Welcome Sam I'm glad you have come out the closet and joined this band of merry men and the odd girly too. Its a great wee forum for info and a few laughs.
I too have a Rio its a diesel one and I love the car. Touch wood I have had nowt wrong with it apart from when I got it 18 months ago, its an 06 and the water sensor seal went on the fuel filter. But all is sorted
I agree with you on the pricing of repairs and servicing as being a bit high but all manufacturers are like that and like you I do my own servicing now that the warranty is out. There is good Kia dealers out there and dont bullsh*t you and then there is lousy ones with brown stuff dribbling from their gobs.
Well all the best with the Rio.
Davy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Davy, and Picanto expert!, thanks for the warm welcome to the forum, much appreciated.
Glad to hear, or should I say read, that your car is running great, hope it does so for years to come.

I like the sound of picanto expert, might need to be picking yours and Davy's brains in the future.

All the best,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts