Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Monkey,

from a KIA owner in N.E. Derbyshire. I don't suppose you can give an idea where you were (are)based in this fine county?

Great to have to have a knowledgeable first-hander on board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was based in a large Kia dealership in Derby itself, has been a while tho. I would be glad to help if I can.
Thing is Kia tends to have odd faults that are widespread or totally individual. Which doesn't help lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Couple of brief questions if I may (trust me, I'm sure you'll get plenty from members!):

Where you say about "widespread faults - presumably "known issues", Irecently bought a Cee'd SR7 (58 plate) which had 2 known issues - the door locking in freezing weather, and some sort of wiring harness issue. These were both fixed promptly, and I'm very pleased (understatement) with my car, and the response and help from KIA.

My 2 questions are:

1) Are there any other known issues that commonly arise / may arise with the cee'd(mine has done only 11k miles, and properly serviced by the KIA garage which it originated from)?

2) How pedantic or lenient are KIA in the event of the warranty conditions not strictly adhered to? E.g. say the service was done a month late as an oversight.

I'm using a KIA dealer whichis well established, and have proven themselves to me in the past to be excellent., and seem to have an excellent "relationship" with KIA.

Sorry to land this on you within a short time of your joining the forum.

·
Registered
65 Posts
David in regards warranty and serviceing i believe its along the lines of 4 weeks after service due date after which if the vehicle has not been serviced the warranty is void

·
Registered
116 Posts
Appreciate that - in fact was aware of that, but the question was how "Pedantic" is KIA? . Monkeykeian, with his first-hand experience, may say KIA areactually fairlylenient (within reason).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi David, my experience with the ceed, are that generally they were well built, I encountered few problems with them such as the dashboard started to crack and lift up, injectors became faulty and problems with the Particulate Cat on the diesel models.

In relation to the servicing and warranty, Kia gave a 4 week grace, but if a fault occurred that wasnt a direct cause of a late service we used to replace the part as a goodwill claim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess it all depends on how good the warranty department is at the dealership. At the dealership I worked at he was very understanding with the customer. Yet at a Mazda dealer I worked at before they wasn't so nice.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum - My question to you would be do you drive a Kia and if so - which model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts