Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deedub93 here

New to here but not to Kia.

I own an old 2007 Mk 3 Kia Carens 140 hp manual Diesel. It was always a great car, took me around Europe a couple of times with no issues. However, being over 7 years old it didn't qualify me for the 'car allowance' of £480 a month at work so a new automatic (so the Mrs can drive it as well) Vauxhall Mokka arrived because work is paying for it. Hence the Carens being moth-balled for 2 years. However, it is too good a car to let rot, and as the Mrs wants to use the Mokka, the Carens now has a MOT and has sprung back to life, not without a bit of 'CPR' though. Coolant change = easy but when it came to brakes, sliders were seized on the front calipers (note to self: if one is going to lay up a vehicle for two years, service the brakes first). Nevertheless, two weekends later the brakes, with lots of missing knuckle skin, are back working as they should. Brake fluid change as well. Next to do is change oil and filter, fit second hand spare tire hanger as I had to cut the old one off as it ha seized as well and as I've been promising myself for years, fit a tow bar.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hi Deedub
Nice to see somebody else messing about with an older Kia - we have the same engine in our 08 Sportage Auto :)
I must try to get our subframes cleaned up and treated this year as they are getting tatty,it has always been used in scotland so loads of road salt splashed under there every winter.
I had to clean our brake sliders for last MOT - not a nice job LOL

rgds max

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Max

I've just got her back on the road after a 2 year lay-up. Quite a few weekends me thinks before she is up to scratch. I'm fitting a towbar as well to tow the kit car but managed to buy a second hand towbar £79 (rubbed down and painted this morning) and a new/old stock loom £50. I know what you mean with the sub frame, a summer job methinks. Also the exhaust is looking aged. I understand there is a company in Leeds who do a stainless one for £290.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hi dd
Good luck with the jobs,yep the subframes will be a summer job - I may have to pay somebody to tart up our subframes as age is catching up with me and the thought of spending any appreciable time under t'car is too painful to contemplate LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts