Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've just taken ownership of a 54 plate Sedona.

First impressions are very favourable although the lack of a Haynes manual see's me back ordering a CD from Ebay, time will tell I expect.

A question to start with, used it yesterday evening (from cold) and the diesel glow plug heater light didn't come on, it also didn't start. Switched the ignition off and on a couple of times till I got a 1 second responce from the glow plug light and it did start after turning over for a couple of seconds. That's the first time its happened in about 6 starts that it's had since I got it.

Anyone any ideas?
I did have a quick perusal of the current page on the Sedona forum but nothing jumped out at me as a similar issue.

Tom

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had this with a 1985 Peugeot 305. I thought it would have been a relay or similar but the RAC traced it to a poor connection on the alernator where the power take off was for the glow plugs. Any similar places on yours? Just a thought.
Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya,

sounds simple does'nt it, go back to the dealer,
you may need new glow plugs, depends how many miles
your motor has done, don't cost that much but as you've not
had the car five mins I guess they will sort it free of charge,
or at least should do,
once they have gone you may as well replace them
hope you get it sorted soon and good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for your responses, I'm now using the car full time and although the problem has occurred again an odd time, I just switch the ignition off and back on a couple of times and eventually the glow plug light comes on, all be it only for a second or two but it will start then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts