Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Tony Flannery, from Belfast,owner of a 2 month old Kia Cee'd 1.4 petrol. First new car for 13 years ! My dearly departed Rover 214 finally went belly up after 13 years of (usually) loyalservice and is now happily resting in Scrappage Heaven ! Hope to give and get useful exchanges here and glad to meet you all

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy the 1. Let me know what you think power wise on it, cause i have not had much chance to play in that one, and it tempts me into parting with myown wanga.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nicholas. I'm pleased with the Kia 1. Power wise it suits me as most of my driving is short journeys around the city.Initial mpg is disappointing, but hopefully will improve.If I was doing more mileage (and had more money !)I might have gone for the 1.6.

Tony.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Tony I used to have an 08Ceed 1.4SR and fuel consumption was about 38mpg. That was mixed driving. I got about 44 on a long run at about 70mph. I felt the car was slightly under powered and you had to give it some to make it pull well. In saying that it is a great car to drive with good handling.
I changed it for an 06Rio diesel cos I my financial circumstances changed and I needed cheaper monthly payments and a car that was cheaper to run. I do miss the solid feel of the Ceed and handling but the wee Rio is actually fun to drive and pulls well thro' the gears.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Davy. You're right about it being underpowered, but it is a heavy car for the engine size. I was a bit surprised it was so much bigger than my old rover, really noticed it when I scraped the wing mirror getting into the garage !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts