Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one,

I havent picked my 06 Sportage up yet but I suppose im ok to be a member ??? lol

anyway had a test drive of my new to be Sportage 2 litre Diesel on friday and i t is the first 4WD i have ever driven, i dont know what i thought it would be like but i loved it. Im trading in my 06 Zafira 1.9 diesel 150bhp, and yes the zaf has more power but i have fallen out with it and it is going to be a long tome until this coming Friday the 18th.

The Dealer im buying from is the KiA dealer in Doncaster Ringways, got to say that Tony was a lovely bloke and im realy surprised that I get FREE MOT'S for the life of the motor, Yes free, with no catch es like It must be serviced by us every year, no no no aslong as the service book is stamped and upto dat then i get a free mot and free Vallet every year !!!

Wow i was sold got a full 12 months warranty with it too, i have to get a towbar fitted as im a Caravanner and have been for 10 years seen many Kia's towing and once test drove a Sadona when i was looking for a 7 seater liked the ride and power but i bought the zafira, and what a money pit that motor has been, first three monthe and the Duel mass flywheel was rattling until i couldnt stand it any more £865 later then me the wife and my two daughters 4 and 10 at the time coming back from peterborough with the caravan on the back and BANG the alternator goes on it £250 ish then this year we get to the isle of wight used a ful tank of juice we get off the ferry and it stalls twice, we limp to the caravan site call a dealer Who i have to say was brilliant for a Vauxhall dealer one replaced EGR valve and a regen of the %80 blocked DPF and £360 later I decided enough was enough.

So I cant wait for the peice of mind of a strong reliable 4WD as last year we got stuck in at home I live on the A57 tiny village called South anston I think that was and will be the only time our village has been on the BBC and youkshire news lol

going to ask loads of questions guys as im the Newbie on the block lol

Lance

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi Lance and welcome to the forum, a great introduction and I hope you enjoy your time here and your Sportage serves you well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Drakey,

cant wait, like a kid waiting for xmas day lol.

I never thought i would buy a 4x4 but loved the ride as soon as i got in, first thing i did thought was to put the wipers on instead of the indicators lol never mind i will soon get the hang of it

Lance

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello and welcome, I recently took the plunge and went for a Carens 2009. Very pleased. The only moan I have is I find thepedalsdont suit my feet no matter how I adjust the seat. I find on long drives the back of my right heel gets very sore ..... cruise fitting is about £500!

You find the forum very helpful. Good luck with the Sportage . I love the look of the new ones.

Phil.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers everyone, Picked her up on Friday couldnt stop looking at her whilst me and the wifey filled out the paperwork. Like a kid in a sweet shop lol, first jaunt was to the supermarket and reversing into the parking spot was a hairy moment lol just juging the lenght and width of it. but went with out any fuss lol. Love the higher ride, although the zafiraB is quite high that I had, It is hard to not to compare the two but I love my Sportage and the Wife and kids do too. Had the titty lip on on Friday night because the wife picked the keys up and she drove it to the pub for our family meal (both of us are teetotal) but Im glad she loves her.
Tried the 4WD in the car park, put it in reverse and started to turn the wheel and it locked up ???took 4WD off and it was as normal. I think it was because the road/carpark was dry as if all wheels are rotating at the same time and its dry then would that cause it to stop ???

Just me being new to 4WD as its the very first one i have ever driven its got 4 of my favorite tyres on Bridgstones look new so im ready for the bad winter weather to come !!!!

read the manual from cover to cover lol sad really dont you think lol.

Just want to say that I cant wait to get in the Sportage tomorrow, just bought some new carmats of fleabay so cant wait to show her off at work in a couple of weeks.

great forum everyone

Lance

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,121 Posts
fiddler69uk said:
read the manual from cover to cover lol sad really dont you think lol.

Lance
Not sad at all Lance, I wish more folk did it (like me sometimes!)

Welcome to the forum!

Phil

·
Registered
59 Posts
I read my manual from cover to cover and know all the features now. Realized a couple weren't active, one being the auto door lock feature which the dealer needs to activate so that's going in soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts